Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #43
iRV2 No Limits Club
Everything I have except the shotgun has one in the chamber, including the Kimber .45's I have with me.
A 1911 type handgun was designed to be carried loaded, cocked and locked.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #44
Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by CARLnJANIS View Post
Palehorse, you hit the target dead on. Unless you practice and are able to quickly react to a situation, you may be over powered and lose control of the weapon. Some gun rights advocates are former gun control advocates who were caught in a dangerous situation and were lucky to survive.

I was concerned about leaving my weapons unsecured when away from my 5ver. So I searched for a small gun safe to install in the trailer. I couldn't find one that fit or I thought was suitable. So I custom ordered one, expensive, and had it shipped to the RV manufacturer and had it installed in the closet while they were building my 5th-wheel. Leaving a weapon unsecure in a trailer is only arming a crook.

Also, it gives us a nice place to store valuables.

Sorry for the picture being on its side. Don't know how to rotate it.
Been looking at those. Is that the one that is about 180#s?

Chuck & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/ 2012 F150 4x4 that wants to be a Jeep.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #45
Louisiana is kind of like texas... I believe stealing 2500 dollars is a felony so according to Louisiana law you could shoot him while he's inside your house commiting a felony... and you have the same right in your motorhome, car or anywhere else you have the right to be..

Here's the blurb from the gun rights page:

Louisiana’s castle law permits the use of physical force to protect one’s self and property from “forcible crimes” and the use of deadly force in situations where circumstances are sufficient “to excite the fear of a reasonable person that there would be serious danger to his own life or person if he attempted to prevent the felony without the killing.” The statute has a “stand your ground” clause in that it does not require victims to retreat before using force, whether they’re inside their home or any other place they have a right to be.HB 1097 is the companion bill to HB 89 (also by Representative LaFleur), the NRA-supported “Castle Doctrine” bill which created presumptions in law for the use of force against intruders in your home, car or place of business and explicitly states in law that you have no “duty to retreat” from criminal attack if you are in a place where you have a legal right to be.

HB 89 was signed by the Governor on June 2 and both bills take effect on August 15.

If I'm carrying there's always one in the pipe..... If there's not one in the pipe they are clear and safe.. Makes things safer for the old boatguy and his family to always know what is what.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #46
My choice is a Mossberg 12 gauge pump. 1 in chamber and 5 in mag. 00 buck I have trigger lock when I carry in MH.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #47
When on my person...one in the tube, safety off.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #48
Country Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by bullsrv View Post
When on my person...one in the tube, safety off.

Not a good thing. This is an excellent way to blow your family jewels off. If there is a safety, it should be used.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #49
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by jzick View Post
Our RV or autos never passes through or overnights in states or other areas where loaded firearms are illegal for us to have with us.

loaded and full magazines
but in a safe place i can reach if needed, but not laying out
if a visitor is uneasy about certain protection devices...then they are free to leave at will
i will not infringe on their right of choice
as I will not be infringed upon on my right of choice
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are 6 slides
Old 03-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #50
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Not a good thing. This is an excellent way to blow your family jewels off. If there is a safety, it should be used.
That's funny. 24 years of military service. 24 years of firearms training. 8 deployments. When it's time to use your weapon...it should be ready. But to each their own according to their comfort level. For me that is one in the tube, safety off, secured in a holster that covers the trigger. Use the safety between your ears.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #51
Loaded in condition 2 IWB at my 3 o'clock every time I leave the house
1998 Fleetwood Discovery 36T Diesel Pusher
Old 03-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #52
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Numerous posts have been edited or removed because they're getting in to carry laws, which you have already been warned not to go there, as well as taking pot shots at each other.

Please stick to the loaded or unloaded question. No further explanations or expounding on other topics necessary.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #53
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Those of you who carry guns, (pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotgun), do you carry them loaded, loaded with one in the chamber, or empty with ammo, or empty with ammo in another location?

If you asked my son, his response would be; My gun is like my fire extinguisher. It's useless in an emergency if it is empty.
I agree with your son.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #54
I was a boy scout and learned many valuable life lessons....I agree to and live by the Boy Scout Motto.....(be in my RV or not)

96 Dynasty 36' that does NOT wander, thanks to RuppParts.com and their superior "poly" suspension bushings
Old 03-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Loaded with one round chambered.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
Old 03-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #56
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Magazines that carry more than ten rounds

Being retired military and a SD resident, I happened to stop over at a DOD Campground in CA. A search and inventory of weapons and ammo was done by DOD Police of my RV. My 10 round Glock magazines were legal and was advised that having any 15 round mags in CA is a felony; but having disassembled 15 round magazines is just gun parts.

Closed Thread