Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
Gutter spout extensions

The condensate from the ac's trails under the gutter and down the side of my coach making a mess of the windows.
Has anyone tried gutter extensions and how did the work ?

Aubrey, Debbie a thoroughbread miniature jackass named Crockett. and Charlie Goodnight the Border Collie.
debrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, put them on the Dutch Star, they worked pretty well IMHO. And they even stayed on. I'd do it again if I needed to. In fact I found them on a closeout and bought several sets. Now the Magna has roof drains so don't need them. Guess they'll go in a box for a garage sale later this year.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They are on our rig and work well, but get sun dried and fall apart. I just bought a set in black to help with the sun. Yes, experience has taught me that black plastic fares much better in the sun than white!
Revolution LE 38X C9 Cat
2011 Scion TC toad
1985 KLR 600 as a backup...
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is there a trick to install them? I bought a set from Camping World about 7 years ago and cannot get them to fit at all - they're sitting in my toolbox taking up room...
Alan Hepburn - San Jose, Ca
2007 Bounder 35E being pushed by a 2008 smart fortwo Passion
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #5

If you need to flex them when installing, soak them in a bowl of hot water.

They flex very easily when hot.
2013 DSDP 4347, all electric, 450 H.P. ISL
Air & hydraulic leveling
14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #6
We had the 'standard' length spouts on our 5er so I ordered the longer version - which turn out to be not much longer, i.e.1/2" - for the a/c drainage off the roof. I added some more to that length by taking a plastic gallon milk container, cutting pieces from the corners of that jug and pop riveting an approximate 2" extension. I had done the same on the last 5er and they worked just fine and were really unobtrusive if done neatly. We no longer have those dirty streaks, the cost was for two pop rivets/spout or maybe a dime's worth of supplies for each spout.
Dave W along with my DW, Susan and our poodlepups, Callie & Molly,2011 Ford F250 6.7 CCLB, 5er Hitch Option w/B&W Hitch,,Ride Rite air bags, 2014 Montana High Country 343RL (38')
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:46 AM   #7
I saw a guy in FL. who had the gutter spout extensions, but he added a piece of PVC pipe to them to put the water out further. I took one of my spouts to Home Depot and found a small PVC pipe that fits snugly over the spout. Cut it into 3" pieces, slid over the spouts, no more water running down the sides.
2000 Dutch Star Pusher
2009 Saturn Vue Towed
Full timed for 6yrs.
Ramets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:51 PM   #8
My personal solution is to clip a spring wooden clothes pin on the end of the spout. Water will travel down the clothes pin and extend the drip line about 2 farther from the RV side. Also that way if you clip a tree branch with your rig it will just snap off the spout instead of breaking it, and can be replaced for pennies.
2005 Dodge, 2500, auto, 2wd. Pac brake PRXB. CB, Max Brake Brake Controller, Rhino Lining, Aero 60 gal. replacement tank.
1998 Hitchhiker ll, mod#31RLBGBW, RBW L'tl Rocker Hitch, Generac NP50 G generator
richardcoxid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:02 PM   #9
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought the Camco gutter spouts for our MH. I installed them last week. I had to remove some silicone, take out 1 screw right there at the edge of the gutter, trim the spout a bit, and slide it up under the gutter. Then put the screw back in and reseal everything. It works great, no more constant water stains coming down the window.

2017 Coachmen Cross Country 407FW
rcarpe06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:06 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep, most need some re tooling to work correctly. I've cut and mounted using black RTV sealant adhesive and Silka Flex with success.
Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:58 AM   #11
Tiffin Owners Club
I used them and they worked well. My newer one came with them on. Although I have ac drains I don't have heat pump drain lines. I am glad to have them for that reason and for rain.
Mel (Melanie) and Harry
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #12
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by richardcoxid View Post
My personal solution is to clip a spring wooden clothes pin on the end of the spout. Water will travel down the clothes pin and extend the drip line about 2 farther from the RV side. Also that way if you clip a tree branch with your rig it will just snap off the spout instead of breaking it, and can be replaced for pennies.
I bought a few different versions of these clips to try and the clothes pin system works the best so far. Got a pack of 36 from a dollar store and only used 2 so far, been on 5 outings (short ones) but they are still on. Thinking about spray painting the others so they will not ever be noticed if and when the first ones fall off.

Dave & Deb with furbabies Max & Myla
2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y ,2014 CRV w/Ready Brute Elite

FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote