Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #85

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMPFromMO View Post
You mean you couldn't tell my post was related to my disability? But it was posted in General Information like we were told to.

Strange...
I was able to tell; like, duh! I was referring to the mod's search using only the search word handicap.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #86

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by judy3972 View Post
Don't post a link here, instead start a thread.!
You missed my point. The mod said he could find only six posts related to handicaps. My suggestion was if anyone finds a thread here that has to do with a handicap, post the link to that thread here so it can be seen how much activity there really is here. Starting a thread about a thread doesn't make any sense.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #87

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post

I was able to tell; like, duh! I was referring to the mod's search using only the search word handicap.
LOL. I was making fun of that one too.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #88

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMPFromMO

LOL. I was making fun of that one too.
Here's two interesting things. 1) The bath thread comes up under a search for propane but not handicap. And under handicap this comes up

2 http://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/what-...up-134456.html

The OP hasn't posted anything here since Dec. Perhaps they just gave up. I hope not. And I'm not sure what handicapped group they were referring to - perhaps they thought they were on RV.net or a group has been removed and we've come late to the dance again.

I wasn't going to post here again - but found 1 funny and 2 sad.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #89

iRV2 No Limits Club
Here's another handicap related post: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/prote...ir-149278.html
Old 01-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #90
Moderator Emeritus

I believe that Route66 was giving an example of a search, not trying to provide an all-inclusive count of handicapped topics for 2012.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #91

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW
I believe that Route66 was giving an example of a search, not trying to provide an all-inclusive count of handicapped topics for 2012.
I believe 66 was saying no and here's why - but if there is interest shown then maybe. Given that an inclusive count is probably impossible folks are simply trying to provide a place were interest can be shown - other posts shared - and not searched for given the limitations of searching. This is a personal statement and not intended as rebuttal of moderator or admin action. I don't want to break any rules.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #92

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

I believe 66 was saying no and here's why - but if there is interest shown then maybe. Given that an inclusive count is probably impossible folks are simply trying to provide a place were interest can be shown - other posts shared - and not searched for given the limitations of searching. This is a personal statement and not intended as rebuttal of moderator or admin action. I don't want to break any rules.
:thumbs:
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #93
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I was responding to the other posts about forum searches. I believe we all know that there can be many search parameters depending on the specific topic of interest. (For instance, "wheelchair" or "ramp", etc.)

You are correct, at this time there is no plan to create an additional section on the forum.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #94

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And if not now is really never then just say so and we can all go back to our knitting. We can take the truth - we're tough like that and if we didn't love it here we wouldn't be pressing. We'll still love it here and maybe figure out a handshake method of directing our posts to our target audience. I suggested that - or asked for a suggestion way back - like - start thread with HC or something to facilitate search and flag as "related".
Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #95

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post

You are correct, at this time there is no plan to create an additional section on the forum.
I'm sorry, I don't understand. I've not ever seen this kind of user activity to establish a forum. Now, I haven't been here as long as so many of you but this seems to be a fairly reasonable user request.

So as an IRV2 supporter I have to ask some straight forward questions:

1. Does adding a forum/sub-forum cost money of any significant amount?

2. Does the current software support additional forums without undue hardship?

3. Is there a legal/ethical reason for not adding a forum addressing these kinds of needs?

4. What are the negative aspects to adding a forum for these issues?

Listen, I am not asking for information that might be considered proprietary. I am just trying to understand business decision process being used to not provide a dedicated area to be a valuable source of information. As a person that has hosted and moderated several boards I'm just not understanding the hesitation to provide a service users (many that are paying supporters like myself) feel is an enhancement to the IRV2 community.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #96

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Here's another handicap related post: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/prote...ir-149278.html
My question would be:

In what way would the responses to that question have been more satisfactory had it been posted in a "Handicapped RVer-specific" forum???
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #97

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
My question would be:

In what way would the responses to that question have been more satisfactory had it been posted in a "Handicapped RVer-specific" forum???
Why have separate forums at all then? Let's just dump everything into the same barrel. It is a specious argument to suggest that what the answer would be has a bearing on where it should be.

Now, I realize I may sound flippant or even testy but I don't understand your point in regards to why or why not have a dedicated forum. I, for one, like dedicated topics. I like that I can ignore whole threads that are not of any interest to me. On the other hand I like that I can subscribe to thread and forums I like.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #98

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Why have separate forums at all then? Let's just dump everything into the same barrel. It is a specious argument to suggest that what the answer would be has a bearing on where it should be.

Now, I realize I may sound flippant or even testy but I don't understand your point in regards to why or why not have a dedicated forum. I, for one, like dedicated topics. I like that I can ignore whole threads that are not of any interest to me. On the other hand I like that I can subscribe to thread and forums I like.
"Specious"???

I'd think that a logistical question like the one linked to is best served by posting in the broadest possible setting, that's all...

I'm also a bit squeamish about exclusivity in general...who if anyone would be the "judge" of who/what is "permitted" in such a sub-forum????
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disabled, disabled rvers, handicap, handicapped