Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Hanging up Coats

I don't know about you, but we don't have any place to put our coats in our Class A. They end up being piled up on the drivers seat. My DW came up with a clever idea. We attached two straps in the cabinets above the drivers side window and loop them down. We then put a clothes rod through them. The coats and jackets go on hangers. Attached is a picture.

We love it!! Also, we use the tension bar clothes rod when we are driving in the winter. We put a shower curtain behind the seats so there is a smaller space to heat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2594.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	16336  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #2

Nice idea. Thanks for sharing.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Clever idea. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #4

iRV2 No Limits Club
I did somethng similar in the shell on the bed of my pickup. I got a $10 cargo bar from Harbor Freight (the kind you twist to expand) and ran it across the top of the shell near the back. I have tool boxes on the sides of the shell where the windows normally are so all I had to do was lay the cargo bar across the top of the tool boxes and tighten it up. It makes a perfect clothes rod for hanging the jackets I like to keep handy in my truck plus I can just hang my clothes there when I travel, avoiding wrinkes. I got a couple of worm clamps that have thumb screws for adjusting and use those as stops to keep hangers from sliding back and forth on the rod.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote