Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #1

Evergreen Owners Club
Happy Daze RV Sacramento and Evergreen

Bought a $30k travel trailer. During sale, both sales and service said missing and damaged items on brand new unit would be repaired before delivery. Made the enormous mistake of accepting delivery when all was not repaired. It has been a nightmare with their service department to get the parts ordered. Promises made by Cheryl the Service Manager not kept, outright lies in some cases. Neither General Manager nor Sales Manager attempted to resolve. No one apologized, no followup calls, we had to keep calling and emailing them. They completely ignored us. They acted like they were doing us a favor doing anything! Evergreen HO couldn't do anything. Now, to get corrections made, unit must go back to dealer after waiting for 45 days for parts.

When you buy an RV or Travel Trailer, don't take possession until all is right! And by all means, don't buy from Happy Daze, Sacramento, CA
el29rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by el29rbk View Post
When you buy an RV or Travel Trailer, don't take possession until all is right! And by all means, don't buy from Happy Daze, Sacramento, CA
Well Doh! Just kidding. Did you get everything that was wrong in writing?
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #3

Evergreen Owners Club
Duh

Yes, there is some duh in this. But having gone through the walkthru list, we expected all to be complete when they delivered the unit to us. Instead, the battery was dead and low on water, the sliding bedroom door fell off the track since the track was broken, and it looked like they dumped dirt in it. Then it takes 3 weeks to get them to order the parts. So distrustful of them that I asked the parts be shipped to me. They refused and also said if I did the repair it would void the warranty. A call to Evergreen confirmed they were lying and I could in fact install the broken parts. So I'm passing on taking it back to the dirtbags and buying my parts and installing. It is worth the extra $150 to avoid dealing with them. Now I just need to find an Evergreen approved shop if I ever have larger warranty issues.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #4

Evergreen Owners Club
Which EverGreen model?

el29rbk...

Which model of EverGreen trailer did you take possession of?

My wife and I bought an EverGreen Bay Hill from Best RV in Turlock...a dealership you want to avoid at all costs. After Best RV refused to perform warranty work on my trailer, I subsequently found a dealership in Fresno that would accept my 5th wheel for warranty work.

In the interim between purchasing the 2013 Bay Hill, I received an email from the Sacramento Lazy Daze sales department inquiring if I were still interested in an EverGreen trailer. The models they had were apparently "distressed" units, perhaps a trailer you subsequently purchased.

The Fresno repair facility had my trailer for four months awaiting repair parts from EverGreen and Lippert components. During this period of time, the frustration on the part of the service department to receive the parts to complete the repairs was clearly evident.

I wish you luck in finding an EverGreen repair shop and then getting the necessary parts to complete your repair.

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #5

Evergreen Owners Club
Happy Daze and Evergreen Update

Hi Ken, after the tv remote fiasco, I again called Evergreen's Rick Drinkwine. Found out he is no longer with them, so I sent a note to Tony Chupp, listed as the Director of Consumer Service. What a bright spot. He emailed me, showed empathy, apologized (the first person to do that in this whole mess) and said he was shipping a remote directly to me. I then asked him to ship me the remaining parts and confirm there is no warranty issue if I replace them. I'm going to pass on replacing the outside panel since it is not that bad and I have no where to take it.

The model is the EL29RBK. There were 2 other units there when we got ours and one of them clearly had a problem. Our unit was cannibalized for the stove, overhead lights and table but those were replaced before the walkthru.

If we ever do need warranty work, how is the Fresno dealer you dealt with and what is their name? Thanks
Old 02-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #6

Evergreen Owners Club
Working with Evergreen

Hi el29rbk...

I'm happy to hear you got some response from someone at Evergreen. I too have dealt with Tony Chupp who authorized a $60 refund on a service call I had to make to an RV mobile plumber because my Bay Hill drain valve had no exterior label to indicate its location and the shoddy walk-thru tech at Best RV failed to point out where it was too. My sinks and shower basin were not draining. Other attempts to contact individuals at Evergreen have not met with much success, however.

The West Coast representative for Evergreen arranged for me to take my Bay Hill to Fun Cars / RV Liquidators in Fresno on the same day Best RV refused warranty repair service. You get some idea of a dealership's integrity by looking up their ratings on YELP or the Better Business Bureau's websites. After four long months I finally got my trailer back from the Fresno facility. While the work performed was very good, unless the RV was originally purchased from them, the wait to get your unit returned can be extensive. At the moment my trailer is back at the RV Liquidators to have a curtain string repaired and an under-warranty fender skirt replaced.

Previously I had bought a Cardinal 5th wheel from Toscano RV in Los Banos. The service department there is wonderful and relatively quick in making repairs. Now that my Bay Hill is past the warranty period, I will take my RV there for any extended warranty servicing.

Ken
KenInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #7

Evergreen Owners Club
Tony Chupp Director of Parts, Service & Warranty at EverGreen Recreational Vehicles,

Thanks Ken,

Tony Chupp has resolved all my issues in the past 45 minutes that Happy Daze could not do in 45 days.

Tags
element, ever-lite, evergreen, everlite, i-go