Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #15

Nor'easters Club
Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
Okay guys, I take my beating. I had the "Dump" app on my iPhone, just forgot about it.

Seriously, I still think places that sell and service camping vehicles should provide dump stations for their customers. That would be any owner, since that's what they sell.

Carmel has none at our new multi-million dollar facility. I called. Also, Flying"J" on I 65 north closed their dump station or it's broken. Flying"J" on Thompson is a half hour ride into the zone of crossroads trucking. Dick Brauns is only a 15 minute drive. Going there.

BTW, Yes Carmel is a bedroom community for Indy which is the big city I referred to. Still way shy on dump stations.
MaxTurner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #16

Sometimes a Porti-potty service will come to you (for a fee $$$). Saw it at a county festival once.
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTurner1 View Post
Okay guys, I take my beating. I had the "Dump" app on my iPhone, just forgot about it.
Seriously, I still think places that sell and service camping vehicles should provide dump stations for their customers. That would be any owner, since that's what they sell.
Ok, I'll beat you up a little more :-) Do they sell gasoline/diesel, propane and have a hose so you can top off your water tank? I do agree it would be nice and handy if all RV Service Centers did. Actually they probably all do. How else can they work on a defective black water system (change out vales, fix broken pipes, ect) if they had no way to dump it? I'm sure they just don't want non-customer traffic (those not there for service) coming in and out just to dump their tanks. I know I wouldn't.

Here's an idea. Call them and tell them you need extensive work on your black water system. However your tank is full and no way to dump it, see what they tell you.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Max, I must point out Dealers, be they auto, boat, or RV, are trying to sell fantasy and escape. You want a stinky dump station to remind customers of one of the more distasteful aspects of RV life? Why would a dealer think that offering a dump station could possibly improve his sales? I agree, dump stations aren't found as conveniently as we'd like, but sadly many RV owners don't always leave them in good shape, which means someone has to clean them up. With reduced funding for everything, who's going to supply that service? I use a Sewer Solution and dump at home.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thumbs up

I was surprise but Cabella's(sp) has a dump station. Al least the one in Rogers Mn has one...
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #20

A lot of smaller town Elks lodges around here have them. The one at the Elks lodge in my town (Forest Grove, OR) is the cleanest and nicest dump station I've seen, and there's never a line. It has a pay box for you to slip them a few bucks and you can take your time.
bartlettj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #21

Sanidumps.com is another good list - by state and then town or city. Normally lists whether free or if there is a cost.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Nationwide listinga at www.rvdumpstations.info/
Thanks. This is the most complete list of dumpsites I've ever seen. I bookmarked it for the future.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #23

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I feel fortunate that there are two rest stops with dump stations north and south of me on I77.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #24

Nor'easters Club
Hey, I got a great APP exercise and introduced to Sanidumps.com from my rant. Those alone were worth some lashings.
John, I did call a couple dealers who said no dump and then called back and said I had a black tank plumbing problem. Oh, no problem we'll dump it here and fix it. Oh, You have a dump station. Yes for our shop work only. Ah! You're the one who took the "S" out of service. Gotcha .

Something tells me, we have too much "fun", playing with out water compartments. It proves real men can handle a little sewage.

I do have a bottle of hand sanitizer hanging on a tie-wrap in my water compartment. Just because it's our own precious crap, doesn't mean it's any cleaner.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
John, I did call a couple dealers who said no dump and then called back and said I had a black tank plumbing problem. Oh, no problem we'll dump it here and fix it. Oh, You have a dump station. Yes for our shop work only. Ah! You're the one who took the "S" out of service. Gotcha .
You're still ranting Max

Makes perfect sense an RV shop can dump inside their service bays for blank tank service or they could even service them. They certainly don't want to take a MH out of a bay because you came off the street and want to dump in it. You would be hard pressed to find an RV dealer anywhere in this country that has dump facilities for off the street transients. If you ever do, report it to Sanidumps and I'm sure that dealer will hate you

I have no doubt if you're anywhere having your coach serviced and you asked them to dump your tank while there, they will certainly do that for you.

Quote:
Just because it's our own precious crap, doesn't mean it's any cleaner.
I always figured if I don't want to touch it coming out, I shouldn't have consumed it going in
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:19 AM   #26

Nor'easters Club
John,
Great quote about it going in and coming out.
BYW Camping World, who tried to sell me on using theirs in Greenwood, has the dump station at the far end of their "overnight parking" area. They charged $5 to non Camping World card carriers. They have to drive them over to it to service units.

Oh well -- hard to do... but I've said it all and like others, got more great resources for dropping off our stuff.