Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
Hard to find Dump Stations

I live in Carmel, indiana. They say we are about the 12th largest city in the US, but need to dump and you're in trouble. All the dealers, including Camping World, say no dump station. Great they want to sell you a wonderful class A like we have, but no where to get the crap out of it. Driving to a Flying hook or other likely dump place isn't very cheap.
After many calls, I found ONE, dealer who is in the service business. Dick Braun's Funtime Campers has one and charges $ 10.

I remember being told by Camping World in Greenwood on the far southside, they had one for people who stay or buy coaches, but now they deny it and say sorry. Never believe a salesman at Camping World. They're full of what I need to get rid of.

MaxTurner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Use this site to find all the dump stations you need anywhere.

This search is for ones in a 20 mile radius of Carmel IN.

RV Dump Stations near Carmel, Indiana within a radius of 20 miles (32 kms)

There are also Smartphone Apps that can provide the same information.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Does this website allow you to check locations anywhere or do you have to buy the $30 ebook to access the information?

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The app for the smartphone has 2 choices. Free and paid. The free version has worked well for us going cross country.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #5

Almost all campgrounds allow use of their dump stations for a nominal fee. There is a campground in Noblesville (Riverbend), and one in Cicero (White River - county operated). Flying J truck stops typically have dump stations. Many municipal sewage treatment plants have a dump site available.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Nationwide listinga at www.rvdumpstations.info/
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
RVer's friend book says that greenwood citgo has one if stiill there ?
Call you're waste water treatment center in Carmel to find out if they have a sewage dump for residents.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTurner1 View Post
I live in Carmel, indiana. They say we are about the 12th largest city in the US, but need to dump and you're in trouble......
Wikipedia has a list of the largest cities in the U.S. Broken Arrow, OK is #285 on the list with a population of ~99,000. Carmel is listed as having a population of ~79,000 (both numbers per the 2010 census). So, I would question the "12th largest city" statistic.

I hope you find a good, close, cheap, place to dump your tanks..!
Big Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oil Guy View Post
Wikipedia has a list of the largest cities in the U.S. Broken Arrow, OK is #285 on the list with a population of ~99,000. Carmel is listed as having a population of ~79,000 (both numbers per the 2010 census). So, I would question the "12th largest city" statistic.

I hope you find a good, close, cheap, place to dump your tanks..!
Carmel is considered a suburb of Indianapolis, which is the 12th largest city in the U.S., not that it has anything to do with dump stations. I think the point was, Indiana, the RV manufacturing capital of the U.S., dump stations are not as numerous as some would think.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check with your city. Our's allows you to dump for free at their sanitation plant. They figure it keeps people from using the storm drains.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #11

perhaps with the "Sewer Solution" you can dump at home ?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #12

Or get a macerator vs "sewer solution" - it will pump over 100' with a 3/4" hose and several feet uphill. I have a regular sewer hookup at home, but I have used my macerator even with a toilet on occasion and it works, (tried that at home with clear water to make certain all was OK with my DW standing by to immediatley shut the pump off should anything go wrong. It went smooth, so in a pinch I have used this method for real.) Prefer to use a sewer drainout outlet if no dump station is available but it does provide many more dump options.

Good luck
Old 04-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I have the Sanidump App, but don't use anymore. About any CG, State/Nat park has one. Also alot of Travel Plazas, truck stops (we use P/FJ) and Interstate rest areas have them. With many years of camping, never been a problem with a little planning and forethought. I suppose the most common problem is, what do you do when you get home.

Us with septics tanks is a no-brainer of course. Those in rural areas build in small "dry wells". There have been times where I have just dumped in the yard or flower garden. We of course live in a very rural area and do not use any chemicals. We use nothing but concentrated bacteria which reduces solids to water and CO2.

I have been in a city emviroment a few times, when I needed to dump and didn't want to travel to dump. A 5 gal bucket and dump in a toilet is not that pleasant, but it does work :-)

That's better than a guy on here once that said he cracks his black water valve open then just takes off down the highway! As a motorcyclist, you can imagine how much I didn't like that idea :-D
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
That's better than a guy on here once that said he cracks his black water valve open then just takes off down the highway! As a motorcyclist, you can imagine how much I didn't like that idea :-D
I imagine (I hope) that anyone driving down the road with the black valve 'cracked' open will drain off the liquids and leave a giant pyramid of poo and paper behind. Serve him right!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote