Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2016, 08:08 AM   #15

Regarding cleaning auto glass with steel wool, I know it works really well, but users should be aware of a downside. The steel particles/dust breaking off the pad as it's used will rust very quickly, potentially starting issues that may be in difficult to see out of the way places. I know there are going to be people who have been using this process without issue for years, but for those not feeling so lucky, there is another product that works just as well - with no possibility of rust. Bronze wool, available anywhere marine supplies are sold, or Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/HOMAX-PRODUCTS...onze+wool+0000

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Regarding cleaning auto glass with steel wool, I know it works really well, but users should be aware of a downside. The steel particles/dust breaking off the pad as it's used will rust very quickly, potentially starting issues that may be in difficult to see out of the way places. I know there are going to be people who have been using this process without issue for years, but for those not feeling so lucky, there is another product that works just as well - with no possibility of rust. Bronze wool, available anywhere marine supplies are sold, or Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/HOMAX-PRODUCTS...onze+wool+0000
Be aware that link is for "Fine"...not "quadruple ought"....it might be too rough and scratch surfaces. I don't know about glass, but 0000 is the only thing I consider safe on blued steel. I don't see any listing for 0000 bronze wool?

Old 02-20-2016, 09:07 AM   #17

It's fine enough for glass for sure. Not familiar with blued steel, but have enough confidence to try it if/when it might ever be required. As regular steel wool has a habit of seeking out and filling microscopic pores in things made of steel, and turning to rust later, the bronze wool would work out much better in that application. Enough better to make it worth a try here for me anyway. -Al
Old 02-23-2016, 08:57 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Dissolve Bathroom Cleaner

This will clean windows with almost no effort.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:37 PM   #19

2 products come to mind for me. Maguires makes a hard water spot remover. Used it recently on the side of our mh when sprinklers left spots. Another is a spray on product called Just Ducky. We used it on our boat that was on Lake Mead all summer. Worlds hardest water on earth!
Both products worked for us. Just Ducky was the easiest. Both items can be bought from Amazon.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #20

Searched for Just Ducky on Amazon. No success.
firedoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #21

Here is the link for Ducky http://www.duckyproducts.com/ sorry last time I bought it it was on there
Old 03-21-2016, 11:03 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
etching

This past January , I purchased a 2008 View from Florida, there is something about the fl. weather that causes the glass to etch, maybe its the ocean salt it's not water spots we are talking about,that is easy to solve.
I tried everything I could imagine , then it dawned on me i had the fix after all. It's from Zaino brothers, it's called CLEAR-VIEW GLASS POLISH.

It removes acid rain and water spots. Follow the instructions and scrub hard.
I applied it by hand ,you can use a buffer if you wish.
This stuff is not cheap ,but it doe's the job.
I 'm new to this site ,and don't know how to attach pics ,or i would show the before and after pics.
They have a full line of automotive products.

Their web site is :Zaino Store

John fran
Old 03-21-2016, 11:13 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
etching

I forgot to mention one other thing , It's Brasso cleaner.
I haven't tried it on glass ,but I have used it on the plastic , on my dash bezel ,also on my work watch crystal .

Good luck .

john fran

Tags
water