Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #1

I have been using Camping World for several years. However, this year I have had some significant problems with two orders. On the first I have no idea what happened, but I ordered the Rand McNally StreetFinder and TripMaker bundle on line. For whatever reason (no I didn't hit a button twice) I got two copies in separate boxes. I also got billed for both. I have contacted Camping World 5 times by phone and three times by e-mail without result. Phone call #1 they said they would send me a return authorization. Phone call #2 they said it takes two weeks to get an RA - and that it had been mailed on the 15th of June. Phone call #3 they say that they only sent one copy and insinuate that I copied it and am now trying to return it - nope - second copy is still in sealed shipping box - never opened. I ask why they charged me twice if they only sent me one - they said they had no record of charging me twice. Well - I got the credit card bill right in my hot little hand. Phone call #4 - they said they would have UPS contact me and pick up the packages (another order also got double shipped and TRIPLE billed - more on that in a second). By phone call #5 they said they would send "another" RA. At that point I turned the whole thing over to my credit card company.

On the second order, I ordered some jack stands - like an idiot I ordered them on line. Something happened during the final part of the transaction - so I called Camping World sales and asked them if the order went through. They said no it had not. So I order them over the phone. Next thing you know I have one set of jack stands arrive on one day and the next day a second set comes in - and THAT credit card has THREE charges on it from Camping World - and now that has been turned over to THAT credit card company.

My questions are these.....
Have any of you received double orders from them?
Have any of you been double billed for the same item?
Have any of you ordered something and then had one or two mysterious charges show up on your credit card from Camping World?
Have any of you had problems recently with their customer service?

I am about to write to the CEO. I have had absolutely NO luck with CW's customer service and this whole thing has been a waste of my time and a total inconvenience. I am NOT about to send the two packages back on my own nickel since I did nothing wrong. If I had, I would have no problem paying to ship them back.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #2

I have been using Camping World for several years. However, this year I have had some significant problems with two orders. On the first I have no idea what happened, but I ordered the Rand McNally StreetFinder and TripMaker bundle on line. For whatever reason (no I didn't hit a button twice) I got two copies in separate boxes. I also got billed for both. I have contacted Camping World 5 times by phone and three times by e-mail without result. Phone call #1 they said they would send me a return authorization. Phone call #2 they said it takes two weeks to get an RA - and that it had been mailed on the 15th of June. Phone call #3 they say that they only sent one copy and insinuate that I copied it and am now trying to return it - nope - second copy is still in sealed shipping box - never opened. I ask why they charged me twice if they only sent me one - they said they had no record of charging me twice. Well - I got the credit card bill right in my hot little hand. Phone call #4 - they said they would have UPS contact me and pick up the packages (another order also got double shipped and TRIPLE billed - more on that in a second). By phone call #5 they said they would send "another" RA. At that point I turned the whole thing over to my credit card company.

On the second order, I ordered some jack stands - like an idiot I ordered them on line. Something happened during the final part of the transaction - so I called Camping World sales and asked them if the order went through. They said no it had not. So I order them over the phone. Next thing you know I have one set of jack stands arrive on one day and the next day a second set comes in - and THAT credit card has THREE charges on it from Camping World - and now that has been turned over to THAT credit card company.

My questions are these.....
Have any of you received double orders from them?
Have any of you been double billed for the same item?
Have any of you ordered something and then had one or two mysterious charges show up on your credit card from Camping World?
Have any of you had problems recently with their customer service?

I am about to write to the CEO. I have had absolutely NO luck with CW's customer service and this whole thing has been a waste of my time and a total inconvenience. I am NOT about to send the two packages back on my own nickel since I did nothing wrong. If I had, I would have no problem paying to ship them back.

Old 07-12-2005, 04:19 PM   #3

Had a similar problem which is why we no longer order anything from CW. I'll shop in their store, but nothing more. We no longer have their President's Club card.
Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about your problems with CW.
I,ve been shopping on line with them for
8 yrs., never had a problem, with double
billing, always received orders in on time

The reason I use the net is for the free,
or $1.00 shipping, and through the years
I have placed at least 2 dozen orders.

This is the first time I hear of such
problems with CW.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:01 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have any of you ordered something and then had one or two mysterious charges show up on your credit card from Camping World? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yessiree, RiverRat. I rarely use my credit card on line (maybe twice a year). After one order to CW last Fall, I suddenly got calls from my credit card company asking if I was traveling, because they had seen a rash of different purchases from five states. I denied the charges, obviously, but it was clearly apparent that the "secure site" of CW had leaked my credit card number and now I was a victim of identity theft. I complained to David whats-his-name, the CW President, with the e-mail link on the website, but never received a response. I use CW very seldom anymore, and will never do it on line again...
Old 07-13-2005, 04:06 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I have placed several orders with CW in the past. Two in the past month. I have never had an issue. Orders have always arrived on time and no billing errors. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I quess when there is not a problem we don't always realize customer service may not always be the best.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:36 AM   #7

Just a case of another nice company that has grown to big.
Joe

An Indian and a Gypsy
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:42 PM   #8

I think they have had major internet problems since buying out Campers Choice.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote