Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1
I dragged my fiver through rush hr traffic in Seattle once! I think I was surrounded by aliens that were driving like maniac's. (Kidding)
I drove our first new to us '99 gasser class a thru there too...
It was scary as hell, i'll never do it again.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
doc

Appalachian Campers

Seventy four men were killed in this coal mine just east of Red Lodge Mt. Huge explosion deep under ground. The mine sits right beside the highway and didn't feel spooky until I read the sign about the history. Glad it was not night when I read this. Not spooked you understand, just couldn't read the sign if it was dark. Google 'Smith Mine Disaster'

Old 07-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #17

I won't watch that "Lost Tapes" show. It is so phony, what with the camera jumping all around and all that phony dramatization. There are some decent UFO shows on though.

I don't know if this counts, but one day when I was working on a cordless phone, I dropped a battery pack. Not 30 seconds later, when I went to retrieve the it, it was no where to be found. I tore apart my shop and could not find it. I have some milk crates with rubber and wood parts and went through them at least 5 times and it was not there. I even tore my sectional couch apart thinking the dog stole it and dropped it between sections. It was not there either. I also thought the dog took it outside to my back yard. Can't tell you how many times I looked there. It's been over a year and I have not found it. I still look though. I'm convinced it actually disappeared. I do have a troll under my work bench that steals any small part I drop, but this battery pack out of the normal for him. It disappeared into thin air.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Paranormal?

Went down 666 in December at night during a snowstorm scary at first as it is a curvy road then I pulled over and got out and the snow and light from the rig and all .... it was beautiful not scary at all. What gets the hair standing up on the back of neck are so called normal people doing stupid things close to me now that is scary The rest is bunk pure and simple.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
US-191. Utah. Rest Area south of Moab, or north of The Hole In The Rock tourist trap and/or Wilson's Arch.

A few years back, stopping in the rest area well after midnight, I and my dog came face to face with the strangest critter I've ever seen. Whatever it was, it just on site, freaked my Blue Healer plum out. Shew jumped back inside, went in back to her corner, and curled up in a wet eyed shivering ball. This from a dog that normally will bolt after anything just for fun.

This "critter" was crouched down eating on a deer or elk hind quarter until we startled it. It then stood up, gave us the snarl and look from hell as it walked/bounced off into the shadows on two back legs, carrying whatever it was eating with its arms/hands? front legs?......... Human/Ape/Dog look to it. Long thin white hair over its body. About 4 1/2 feet standing up. Eyes reflected redish color. Nasty canine like teeth. Yes it moved about on two legs, but the knees were hinged backward creating a bounce in its stride.

I got back in and tried to calm my Healer down, but she wasn't having it. Came back to the driver's seat, threw the lights back on to find this critter cautiously coming back as if to check us out. My Healer, not even seeing this, let off a couple of high pitched "I'm scared" barks. Figured that was enough for me. We pulled out and continued north straight to Provo.

I really would like to figure out what that critter is, but will not stop in that rest area at night ever again. Nor even in the daytime without a firearm of some sort. I don't want to kill it. Darned thing just look evil enough to be a possible attack threat.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto hauler View Post
US-191. Utah. Rest Area south of Moab, or north of The Hole In The Rock tourist trap and/or Wilson's Arch.

A few years back, stopping in the rest area well after midnight, I and my dog came face to face with the strangest critter I've ever seen. Whatever it was, it just on site, freaked my Blue Healer plum out. Shew jumped back inside, went in back to her corner, and curled up in a wet eyed shivering ball. This from a dog that normally will bolt after anything just for fun.

This "critter" was crouched down eating on a deer or elk hind quarter until we startled it. It then stood up, gave us the snarl and look from hell as it walked/bounced off into the shadows on two back legs, carrying whatever it was eating with its arms/hands? front legs?......... Human/Ape/Dog look to it. Long thin white hair over its body. About 4 1/2 feet standing up. Eyes reflected redish color. Nasty canine like teeth. Yes it moved about on two legs, but the knees were hinged backward creating a bounce in its stride.

I got back in and tried to calm my Healer down, but she wasn't having it. Came back to the driver's seat, threw the lights back on to find this critter cautiously coming back as if to check us out. My Healer, not even seeing this, let off a couple of high pitched "I'm scared" barks. Figured that was enough for me. We pulled out and continued north straight to Provo.

I really would like to figure out what that critter is, but will not stop in that rest area at night ever again. Nor even in the daytime without a firearm of some sort. I don't want to kill it. Darned thing just look evil enough to be a possible attack threat.

A few months prior to the above strange event, I stopped down at the Wilson's Arch to burn some time, let my Healer get out and run a while.

We walked up to and through the arch and off into the rocks, and little "trails" on the other side. Of course my Healer is bolting out ahead to come back and check on me every so often.

During one of her bolt off runs, out of sight from me, she let off a series of barks, then a high pitched "ouch" scream. Came running back, right passed me, all the way back to the truck. I'm thinking "mountain lion" and proceed back myself, not near as fast as the dog of course, kinda freaked out watching all around me as I go.

Later that evening, I realize my dog has a bunch of loose hair on her back, and raw skin underneath. Something obviously got a hold of her out there. Maybe, just maybe this was the same critter we encountered in the rest area....
Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #21

Auto Hauler, that is scary. Have you since discovered what it might have been?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #22

chupricabra?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5194539AAr0zbr
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
Auto Hauler, that is scary. Have you since discovered what it might have been?

Not really.... I've mentioned this to a few folks that I thought might know. Some speculation, but nothing for sure. What gets me is hw it freaked out my dog, and she normally want to go after anything that will run.

There is a local ranch owner I met in Monticello. I told him about this and he went from nice guy wanting to talk, to almost mad, not saying a word, paying his tab and left that restaurant. God only knows what he knew but didn't talk about.

Seriously though.... If I only had the time, I'd like to go hunt for that critter, or others like it. I doubt there is only one of its kind..... Not so much to kill, but to get good photo video proof.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
In 1962 as I was stationed at Camp Hansen in Okinawa. A couple of us had motorcycles and we had heard of a ghost story on the road to Henoko. The story is about a young women who died there. Can't remember for sure how it happened but that she can be seen or felt by extreme cold in the area. So off we went, we saw nothing but as we rounded a corner there was a real cold spot for aways and then warm again. Weird feeling, saw nothing, but sure felt the cold. They called her the Ghost of Henoko. Any other Marines out there who served on Okinawa ever hear about this??
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post

I don't know.... Maybe so.... Lord knows there is plenty of wide open real estate across the western USA for something like that to live and be largely unnoticed.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've heard there is a 'spook' in or near Washington! The devil made me do it! I have kept an eye out for sasquatch when hunting in the west (Colorado) but havn't seen him yet.

Thought I saw a UFO once but it was only an airplane with one of the scrolling letter things behind it.

burfurd
Old 07-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #27

We went here, and it was very interesting. Saw no ghosts, but went home and watched the videos on the website, very interesting.

http://www.hauntjaunts.net/2011/01/1...zak-and-aaron/

Quote from my dad: "Don't believe in everything, but don't disbelieve anything".