Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to garytut&twooie Send a message via Skype™ to garytut&twooie
Haunted Highways?

Has anyone gone down any haunted highways? I am crazy about anything paranormal and was just wondering if anyone had had "strange" experiences while driving or visiting certain locations.

I really want to go to Gettesburg, Pa. and areas simular that have history and legends and hopefully ghosts! I've dragged my poor DH to Alcatraz, Bodie, Ca. the Queen Mary in Long Beach and my favorite...Virginia City, Nv (they have an RV park!!!!!!) I have yet to have my first paranormal experience, kinda like being a paranormal virgin, yuck. As of now, we have yet to visit anything back East, but I would love to visit Louisiana!!! My DH is from Indiana and born in Georgia and had family in Georgia, though most have passed away by now. Would have loved to hear some of their stories!

Anyway, I was just wondering, sitting here watching "Chasing UFOs" if there were "stories" ya might want to share.
thanks everyone...
Gary & Marian Hill (our sweet Twooie is gone now 3 years but I don't know who to ask to have my user name changed)
garytut&twooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #2

jpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #3

About 7 years ago my wife and I were returning from seeing our son and were on our new Harley. It was a nice warm fall day and we were on I-86 West just west of Salamanca, NY, on the Seneca Indian Reservation and had a major blowout on the rear tire at 70 mph! We were very lucky not to go down. We sat on the edge of the Interstate until a friend came and picked us up after 3 hours. We go by this spot often and it feels very strange everytime we go by and the DW has gotten where she doesn't want to go this way anymore. The tire had a hole in the sidewall the size of a quarter and this was a brand new bike! Very weird!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to garytut&twooie Send a message via Skype™ to garytut&twooie
My DH has what he calls "feelings" about certain places. It's nothing he can see though, me? Diddelly Squat!!!!!! It's so frustrating....

Your story is weird...great but weird! I just want one time!!!! So, you can understand why Virginia City, Nv is my favorite. Just in case you don't know the place, it's a mining town in the foothills in western Nevada and the place takes you back in time...I mean really back in time. Just about every shop is "active" BUT not when I'm there!

thanks for your imput!

sounds funny, but maybe you two were saved from serious injury by an Indian spirit? My husband has a Harley too...
garytut&twooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I dragged my fiver through rush hr traffic in Seattle once! I think I was surrounded by aliens that were driving like maniac's. (Kidding)
Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On our travels if we are camped near a cemetery I will wander through them looking at gravestones, etc.

The cemetery in Jacksonville, Oregon was....I don't know how to explain it.....weird. I won't go back there again.

It's an interesting cemetery in that it is kind of segregated with various sections for various people. Perhaps the spirits are not happy, I don't know. But I got some strange vibes while I walked around there.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I dragged my fiver through rush hr traffic in Seattle once! I think I was surrounded by aliens that were driving like maniac's. (Kidding)

jpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Google DC haunted tours, but here is one.

Washington DC Ghost Tours - Washington, DC
Old 07-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Haunted highways? Well, you might Google old U.S. 666 (renumbered about 10 years ago) out West.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Haunted highways? Well, you might Google old U.S. 666 (renumbered about 10 years ago) out West.

Rusty
Hmmm, I had a fuel pump die on me on US 666 between Shiprock and Gallup. Spend three days waiting for the part. This was in 1975.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Marian & Gary:

Hi from the prairies of South Dakota.

My wife (Lynette) and I have been full timing since 05, and although I don't put alot of stock in the paranormal stuff, I gotta tell ya that when we visited Gettysburg, if I was ever going to believe in ghosts, THAT PLACE really made me give it some serious thought, particularly the Little Round Top area of the battlefield. Don't know why, and I can't explain it, but,.....there was something pretty powerful in that experience.

Steve & Lynette
Old 07-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #12

I'm what some people call a "sensitive" to the paranormal and was very interested in your post. No, I have never seen a ghost or heard ghostly voices. Other things, yes. In fact my entire family lived in what some people would call a "haunted" house in NYC. We all heard the sounds. Even some family friends experienced them. These homes do exist and the sounds can never be traced to any source. The house was a one family built in 1913.

There's a Civil War Cemetery on Old Nashville Hwy in Murfreesboro. It's on the land of the Stones River Battleground. Many men died and were buried there. I made it part way through the cemetery and had to leave.

If possible I would rather take this private.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Marian & Gary:

Hi from the prairies of South Dakota.

My wife (Lynette) and I have been full timing since 05, and although I don't put alot of stock in the paranormal stuff,....
That most likely because of the baloney you see on TV meant for entertainment. It's exaggerated to the extreme and I believe some of those people are just looking for their 15 minutes of fame. This goes for most of what's posted on paranormal websites also.

Quote:
I gotta tell ya that when we visited Gettysburg, if I was ever going to believe in ghosts, THAT PLACE really made me give it some serious thought, particularly the Little Round Top area of the battlefield. Don't know why, and I can't explain it, but,.....there was something pretty powerful in that experience.
There you go my friend. SOMETHING POWERFUL to use your words. You may have discovered more than you ever wanted to know about the paranormal and yourself had you stayed longer or returned several times.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garytut&twooie View Post
Virginia City, Nv is my favorite. Just in case you don't know the place, it's a mining town in the foothills in western Nevada and the place takes you back in time...I mean really back in time. Just about every shop is "active" BUT not when I'm there!
We live in Reno and Virginia City is a popular destination for us several times a year. Some TV program (don't recall which one) did a special on the town and it's paranormal activity. Apparently there is a lot of it there. Particularly at "Pipers Opera House." I also have a friend, former next door neighbor, that's a member of a group in Reno, called "Ghost Posse". They go to places at odd hours and look for ghosts or paranormal activity with some of the devices they have. He's shared some spooky stories with me that would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. He was always trying to get me to go out with them. No thank you. Stories are cool, but the real stuff creeps me out.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote