Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: have you removed your basement Slide Out Trays
Yes 2 4.44%
No 28 62.22%
Would love to 0 0%
Don't have them 15 33.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #15
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
If someone wants to get rid of one, please let me know.

George & Sue
On the road to someplace!
two gone rvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #16
Newmar Owners Club
Mine doesn't seem to take up as much room as yours, looks lower to the floor for some reason. I'm glad I have only one, I wouldn't want another.

2007 Newmar DSDP 4023
Discovery is seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought.
If you want to see what man made go East; if you want to see what God made go West.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #17

I'm in NE Florida......if you want to get rid of one send me a PM Thanks
'02 Ultimate Advantage 40J Spartan MM - Cummins ISC
2013 Jeep Rubicon JK Unlimited
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm guessing that in a Class A Diesel the debth of the compartments makes it more advantageous to have slide-out trays. I have a Tiffin 37DB gasser and and they would only waste valuable storage space. IIRC most of my storage bins are only 20 to 22 inches deep. I use the Sterilite "lockable" and stackable containers purchased at Wally World. I use a combination of the 6 and 12 inch deep by 18 inches long containers and I store items more or less by category. The 6in ones stack three high in the slide out compartment or one 6 and one 12. I started this during the year plus that we did FT and also now that we PT. The one deep storage area I use for long handeled tools and the ladder.
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers (Sandy & Sassy)
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF, Retired, Life Member: VSPA, DVA, VVA, VFW
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
I do not have basement slides and do not think I would want them. I do want the space more than the cargo compartment slides. I store a 7 foot step ladder underneath. Pancake compressor, etc. I would like to to store 2 bicycles underneath.

I pulled out a sliding BBQ, grill, fridge and sink unit from one large compartment since it took up the whole thing. And a lot of space I did free up.. I free'd up more space than I orginally it would. And... the weight... That thing must weigh 300+ pounds. I know some would die for the electric motorized BBQ on slides, but since we don't grill out (no meat), we needed the space. I can easily put the whole thing back someday if needed.

RV Manufactures should provide additional temporary storage containers that mount and lock onto the rear of the units. Fashionable, tactfully, not a rig job and tastefully done.This would extend the RV 1-2 feet and provide up to and additional 50 sq feet of storage. The temp storage containers are easilt accessible and removable. Likey they would be containers that slide into a receiver shelf and are hidden from view once closed.
Fleetwood Providence 2008 40e
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel 6.0L 2006
Honda CR-V 2006
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #20
Hmm, I was actually thinking about adding one.

I have a compartment that can't be opened all the way due to the placement of the awning bracket. I keep tools and such in there. I was thinking the other day it would be nice to be able to slide it out to have better access to the toolbox.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #21
I am in Southern California and looking for one also.
My Avatar is my Avatar, 2003 Jayco 3800, that is.
JPMaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #22
Newmar Owners Club
This is my 1st RV with the trays and really like them:; have 2trays for storage and another for the refrig/freezer plus another good size storage that doesn't go all way through. Plenty storage room for me so far !
2011 Newmar MADP 4344, Tow vehicle, 2012 Ford Edge Eco Boost, Roadmaster All-Terrain Tow Bar and base plates..Member of FMCA,Newmar Kountry Club, Good Sams , KOA,RV.Net, and IRV2.
dav-cle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:24 AM   #23
I have one I took out of a American Coach, side to side full pass thru. PM me.
336muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #24
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I put my draft beer tap on our slide tray. When pulled out if it drips, it goes on the ground. I also don't bang my head on the door when it is out. Beer tends to make you forget little details like that

This is the draft box I made.
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #25
Muffin, pm sent.

My Avatar is my Avatar, 2003 Jayco 3800, that is.
JPMaly is offline   Reply With Quote