Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2016, 11:51 PM   #1

Helllo...looking at a 1998 Holiday Rambler Vacationer MH 34C

Hello,
My wife and I currently own 1985 Jayco class C. Have to say we walked into a lot of issues which we did not have the foresight to realize when we purchased. I have resolved them and learned a lot in the process. I must admit we just don't trust it for the future and want to move on. We are looking at a 1998 Vacationer sold by the owner. We are going to look at it tomorrow. What do I need to look for as in potential issues outside of the basics? The owners family has an RV dealership and he claims he has went thru it and its ready to roll....yea heard that before. I just want to be prepared and ask the important questions. Any information you guys can impart would be greatly appreciated as I hope to be a Rambler owner and a contributor to this forum.
Thank you,
Greg

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2016, 12:47 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If the owners family has a dealership, what is he (possibly) hiding that a dealership would bring out. It may be just fine, go look, but I just got to wonder why is he not using the family dealership. Ask him.

YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YosemiteBobR View Post
If the owners family has a dealership, what is he (possibly) hiding that a dealership would bring out. It may be just fine, go look, but I just got to wonder why is he not using the family dealership. Ask him.
Pretty much my reaction as well. There has to be some reason that it isn't at the dealer lot.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #4

i can answer that

He is the manager in his family's RV service center (not a dealership, my bad). He has a dealer license and gets campers that his business goes thru and sells sometimes. He has nothing to hide and when he showed it to me I had a few minor issues to be concerned with. He said the issues would be resolved by his shop. I actually came away from the experience more confident in this motor coach because he has been around them his whole life and his business is repairing them. I posted just to get an idea of potential issues to look for as every vehicle made has issues. I have now purchased the Rambler and it's at his shop addressing the issues I had with it.
Regards
Greg
Old 05-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That sounds awesome, and yes, a repair service, how lucky can you get. Enjoy!
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, holiday rambler