Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #15

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
HMMMM . . . . What about a toyhauler with the garage converted to a walk in closet?
I like the way you think! Now if only I could get my husband on board with that idea!
Snownomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #16

My dw insisted on a wd combo. For 2 yrs I listened to that racket and the vibration until it broke. She discovered the nice laundromats at the parks where she could do a week or more of clothes in 90 min. It's not really necessary to wash something every time you wear it either. Learn to live with less and your travels will be easier. We're in t shirts and shorts all the time.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownomore View Post
I like the way you think! Now if only I could get my husband on board with that idea!
Our 5er is a toyhauler. I built shelves in front of the bikes that we fill when traveling. With the bikes out of the garage the entire area becomes storage.

The shelves are used for our second pantry and there is lots of room for all of the stuff we like to use but want out of the way.

I can send photos if it will help.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
My dw insisted on a wd combo. For 2 yrs I listened to that racket and the vibration until it broke. She discovered the nice laundromats at the parks where she could do a week or more of clothes in 90 min. It's not really necessary to wash something every time you wear it either. Learn to live with less and your travels will be easier. We're in t shirts and shorts all the time.
HMMMM - If you are only wearing shorts and t shirts you should be able to hand wash them in less than 90 minutes. LOL
Old 11-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
HMMMM - If you are only wearing shorts and t shirts you should be able to hand wash them in less than 90 minutes. LOL
Even better I play water volleyball everyday and then rinse off in the shower. Reminds me of Extreme Cheapskates on tv.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
Even better I play water volleyball everyday and then rinse off in the shower. Reminds me of Extreme Cheapskates on tv.
Good one. LOL

If you put some laundry detergent in your pockets you could do laundry and remove the bathtub ring from the pool at the same time.

Just think if you mixed something like Calgon with the soap - you could play water volley ball in a cloud of bubbles.

Endless combinations that will tickle anyones imagination.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:27 AM   #21

Well, after much research, we have finally made a decision on what we want in a new RV.

The verdict? We have decided to just stay with our 34 foot 5er, do a few more mods and see how it goes. We may decide that fulltiming is not for us, so will wait to sink in a huge expense of a new RV until we are sure that we are going to do this for more than a year or two. Fulltiming in our current unit will give us a pretty good idea what does and doesn't work for us in terms of space and floor plan.

As much as I would really love a shiny new unit, it's stressful enough trying to sell off everything, give up the big house, and take care of all the details in preparation for this change in lifestyle.
Snownomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:50 AM   #22

A very sensible idea to stay with your unit, and try out full timing first just to see if it's for you. We went through everything that your going through 41/2 years ago. Sold everything and went RV full timing . We love it. Our new life style really suites us especially the freedom to go and do whatever we want at anytime. For us we hope we will be doing this for a very long time.
We wish you all the very best in your new adventure. Most of all have fun. That's what it's all about.
Abclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Good choice. You can always upgrade later.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update, they are nice to have.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote