Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcas01 View Post
Sorry to jump on the band wagon here, but my flush nozzle clogged in the last year or so and I assumed it was a lost cause. I am thinking I picked up some algae that lead to my problem. I'm just not understanding what you are suggesting here. Are you saying the holding tanks span the full width of the motorhome? I am not aware of any panel on the curb side that I can open to access the tanks. I think they are opposite the propane tank, which is on the curb side forward of the rear wheels. Maybe I should crawl underneath and see what I can find?
Not sure about your Diplomat, but the coaches on the S Series chassis have the 3 holding tanks in a single bay just forward of the drive axle and they are the full width of the coach. The panel on the curb side looks fixed but is secured with fasteners at the bottom lip and hinged at the top. On these coaches the flush water line goes across the width of the coach and up into a vacumn break under a cabinet in the area above the tank bay. The line goes out of the vac break and down to the curb side of the black tank.

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just a thought, do you have a pressure regulator on the hose you are trying to flush with? If so maybe direct full pressure will free it up.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Not sure about your Diplomat, but the coaches on the S Series chassis have the 3 holding tanks in a single bay just forward of the drive axle and they are the full width of the coach.
OK, sounds like the Diplomat is of course different. The panel just forward of my drive axle on the curb side is the propane tank. I'll have to get under there and poke around and see if I can find how to access the nozzle on the Diplomat, or see what the OP comes up with.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcas01 View Post
Sorry to jump on the band wagon here, but my flush nozzle clogged in the last year or so and I assumed it was a lost cause. I am thinking I picked up some algae that lead to my problem. I'm just not understanding what you are suggesting here.

Are you saying the holding tanks span the full width of the motorhome? I am not aware of any panel on the curb side that I can open to access the tanks. I think they are opposite the propane tank, which is on the curb side forward of the rear wheels. Maybe I should crawl underneath and see what I can find?
Yes the tanks run from one side of the coach to the other. The panel Steve and Don are referring to is on the opposite side of the tank service bay where your dump valves are. From the factory this panel is fastened at the bottom with straps and screws. Most of us have replaced the straps and screws with latches. Heres a few photos to help explain:

Photo showing panel open. The blue PEX line to the left of the cube heater is attached to the black tank spray nozzle.

This photo shows how I added two latches to replace the straps. The rusted brown hole is where the original factory screw was that fastened the strap. The straps are removed and replaced with brackets.

You can see the brackets I fabricated and attached to the bottom of the door in the first photo.

Bob
2006 Honda in standby
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to sailsam
Is this only a problem in Class A's? I have a 1987 Class C and I don't think I have a sprayer in the black water emptying system. Or am I wrong?
Old 02-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailsam View Post
Is this only a problem in Class A's? I have a 1987 Class C and I don't think I have a sprayer in the black water emptying system. Or am I wrong?
Various manufacturers have installed these in all kinds of RV units. Our Fifth Wheel has a flush connection for the Black water tank. Sometimes it doesn't seem to work, and other times it works perfectly, I have no idea why this is.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Location Of Black Tank Sprayer Nozzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
My black tank flush nozzle is completely clogged up! I let the black tank get completely full before dumping and I guess the nozzle couldn't take it!
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can clear it? Thanks!
Joe,
As mentioned in some of the above posts, the usual fix is to remove the nozzle assembly and clear and/or enlarge the nozzle holes.

Location of the nozzle varies with floor plan. None of the suggestions I've seen so far apply to my Windsor so here's a picture of where mine is. Maybe your Windsor is the same. Sorry about the poor image quality. The sun is shining directly on that side of the coach at the moment.

As you can probably tell it is a regular basement door. It is located directly opposite the wet bay and contains the inverter/charger and transfer switch in the lower half.

Good luck. Hope you find yours with little difficulty.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks again everyone! It's raining today but will start checking out your ideas tomorrow!

Dave, I think I'll try your idea first since it should be easy!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #23

Thanks Joe, for asking the question and to others for the hints and photos. My Diplomat DST is definitely not set up this way. My propane is opposite the wet bay. Now that I kind of know what I am looking for I can crawl around and see if I can find how to access the nozzle on the DST. I'll of course report back what I find.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
FOUND MY PROBLEM!

I opened the tank compartment door on the passenger side that is secured with the straps underneath. There was the hose connected to the nozzle going into the side of the black tank near the top. I unscrewed the connector from the nozzle and turned on the hose connected to the flush input in the wet bay. No water! I knew then that the problem had to be the in-line check valve (under the lavatory in the bathroom) or the hose connector had to be clogged. I had a spare PEX repair coupling so I cut the PEX tubing about 8 inches from the connector. I then turned the water on and had a full stream of water out the end of the hose! I knew then that the connector was clogged. I used a long flat-blade screwdriver to run up into the tubing and clean it out. It was full of a jelly-like gook, NOT poop out of the tank! It then hit me what had happened. I went back to the wet bay flush inlet and there was no protective screen inside the inlet like I thought there was! I guess at some time I had connected to a CG water spigot that had a lot of crud in it. I'm just thankful the problem was not the check valve since a local RV shop told me they were $61 plus tax!

Thanks again to all of you for your suggestions!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:37 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
FOUND MY PROBLEM!

I opened the tank compartment door on the passenger side that is secured with the straps underneath. There was the hose connected to the nozzle going into the side of the black tank near the top. I unscrewed the connector from the nozzle and turned on the hose connected to the flush input in the wet bay. No water! I knew then that the problem had to be the in-line check valve (under the lavatory in the bathroom) or the hose connector had to be clogged. I had a spare PEX repair coupling so I cut the PEX tubing about 8 inches from the connector. I then turned the water on and had a full stream of water out the end of the hose! I knew then that the connector was clogged. I used a long flat-blade screwdriver to run up into the tubing and clean it out. It was full of a jelly-like gook, NOT poop out of the tank! It then hit me what had happened. I went back to the wet bay flush inlet and there was no protective screen inside the inlet like I thought there was! I guess at some time I had connected to a CG water spigot that had a lot of crud in it. I'm just thankful the problem was not the check valve since a local RV shop told me they were $61 plus tax!

Thanks again to all of you for your suggestions!
Glad you got it fixed Joe. It boggles the mind how many things can come up that need fixen on a housecar!

Bob
2006 Honda in standby
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #26

Got mine fixed too!

OK, finally had time to investigate my plugged flush nozzle. Turns out my rig with the half bath is configured just a bit different. The curb-side access to the holding tanks shares the door with the propane tank and a plastic panel hides the tanks.

And there is the flush nozzle mounted in the top of the tank. I took the feed loose and water did flow, so clearly the nozzle itself was clogged.

I went ahead and took it out. The holes were plugged but it also had alot of what looked like minerals caked up in it. I cleaned it out real good and back in business.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:18 PM   #27

I learned to run the spigot before hooking to it. I start with clean water in the hose. Also I fill the hose before hooking to the rv

Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank