Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2016, 12:20 PM   #1

Help, ceiling problem.

We have this issue in the ceiling of our RV, any help in identifying the issue would be greatly appreciate.

please let me know if these images will not open, having difficulty. Click image for larger version

Name:	fd59213087b6d8e363168a5fdb9e809e.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	128073
Carrie ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2016, 12:24 PM   #2

Help

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	790d88506ef0c97483a6f8cc79eede36.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	128078[/ATTACH]

more pictures. Thanks!!!!

Carrie Ann Gypsy Nurse
2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67ff745a06cfcfd8375f0cda178a3f52.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	128077  
Old 05-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #3

Help

It looks like the ceiling is sagging in this photo, and the other thread you started looks like a stain at the top of the wall. It seems likely to be a water leak.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:38 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Water leak When is the last time you sealed the roof?
Old 05-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would guess moisture. Time to reseal roof and end caps.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmachine View Post
It looks like the ceiling is sagging in this photo, and the other thread you started looks like a stain at the top of the wall. It seems likely to be a water leak.

thanks for the response, I quess the photo does look like the ceiling in sagging but its not, I was wondering about the line, we were in Jacksonville, FLA last summer with some really bad rain and noticed some water coming from the fan, Jeff resealed but we think that it had been leaking before. So what could the line be from?
Old 05-25-2016, 10:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifemember View Post
Water leak When is the last time you sealed the roof?
We have sealed all the fans, ac units and such. We were told we bought our RV that they sealed the roof and didnt need to do for some time. How often is to often? Thanks for the help.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBBD View Post
I would guess moisture. Time to reseal roof and end caps.

How often do you seal your roof, and forgive me but what are the end caps. Our one slide in the living room where you see the top of the inside of slide the wiper seal was rotted last summer, we replaced the whole seal, but the moisture seems to be the same. Do you think if we had a leak in the fan unit with the other picture that is were the moisture is coming from, not the actual slide?

Thanks. Carrie Ann
Old 05-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
WBGO says to check roof seals annually. This is done by attempting to press in the side rails that curve into the roof. Then re caulk as needed. If they press in it is time to re caulk. I do mine about about every two years or so but I subject my coach to some weather extremes. You may be able to get by with doing just a section but you might as well do the whole run. Removing old caulk and cleaning surface before re applying new.

As far as fans and vents I personally think eternabond tape and dicor self leveling are the way to go on flat surfaces.

End caps are where the front and the rear sections are attached.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling