Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig36 View Post
When you have this many issues, you should find a reputable RV repair center and let them diagnose all your problems. A mechanic who works on RVs every day will more quickly find the cause of your problems.
Yes!!
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't despair. You are not the first person who purchased a unit with issues. As suggested try to fix the basics and then move to the next task.

If you are in a rush get the unit to a mechanic, get an estimate and make the best decision for yourself.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #17

Sorry Sandy hearing you are having so many issues..... And it's to bad I have moved to AZ. I was living in Fresno and might have been able to help with getting it in better shape for you. Are you in Merced for your knee? Are you a vet? If you are a veteran you can get assistance from CalVet or some of the many vet assistance groups in CA. If you do not have a computer all the time, go to the library and search for some of the vet assistance groups in your area. Good luck.
Thor29.3inAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #18

You need to find a regular old-time mechanic who knows carburated engines and have him get it running well for you. You really can time a distributor by ear and need a timing light. I suspect the distributor timing may be causing the backfires. Once it is running well, you can work on the house part of it. Sometimes you can find someone at campgrounds who can help. I would engage a mobile RV repair service before taking it to an RV dealer who charges $120/hour or more.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #19

This story reminds me a hole lot of a post made this past winter. Where a guy bought an rv froze up had to get it moved, Wont run, asked for money. It was a mess. Sound like the same rv.
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #20

Sorry you are having such abad experience Sandy! I can see how the$3,000 good deal seemed too good to be true! I too would have asked for a refund immediately. Now that is too late. You need to take it slow now and concentrate on one issue at a time by priority. Unfortunately, everything may require some $$ or experience!

Read up as much as possible on each issue. Find some good help, and make the best of it. I know you dont have time either, so its not easy.

Getting in a hurry or desperate can only cost you more money! I spent close to $1,000 replacing house batteries because i thought they were bad and found out later a fuse was blown in the inverter!
ama009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:52 PM   #21

1989 it might have old style carb .
That right there is a big issue. I have dealt with this buy a new carb or install TBI . Sounds like big money deal . But Im guessing
If it's that nice it has some serious sitting issues . Find local good mechanic . At least for a estimate.

Itasca 66
Itasca66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:46 PM   #22

I wanted to add search each issue on YouTube also you be surprised how much good info is out there.
But I need to ask how many miles are on it ??

Itasca66

Don't be discuraged . If it was only $3000 you can spend money and it's still cheap .. when older running motorhome with no water leaks and works go for $10,000. You'll do fine .you need patience and work through it all.
Itasca66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse