Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #1

Help in finding a dining canopy

While camping last year, the folks that camped next to us set up a screened dining canopy that was real nice. It was easy to set up , had a screen all around and the closure used a magnet. I did not ask where they purchased it. I have searched the internet without any luck.

So what I am looking for is a 10' X 10' ez up canopy with a screen on all four sides. Also the opening that uses a magnet closure.

I am headed to camping world in Akron Ohio on Sunday to purchase a few other necessity's.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #2

IMOP, Walmart has a great 10x10 canopy. We have two and use them in our business. We set up two every weekend for about 25 weeks a year One is over 4yrs old and the other is over 3yrs old. Cost is $99.00, side wall kit and screen and even a light kit are available. These are light but very well built, my wife can set it up in less than 4 minutes. The trick we found is don't let anybody help! I bought a "Easy up" brand and took it back quickly because of weight. When we are not working we carry one camping. These have black frames with gold canopy and are the First Up brand.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #3

Thanks, I have seen those at Walmart. Do they have zippers on the doors?
Old 02-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #4

The wall or screen kit sold separately does. Ours has been through a lot, we even collaspe and store ours with the canopy still attached because it saves us time. Ours have performed very well, if we lost them in a windstorm I would not hesitate in buying two more just like them. We have been to a campground that does not allow canopies.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi psrujak,
Go to E-Z UP Sidewalls, Zipper Sidewalls, Screen Enclosures | International E-Z UP, Inc. and you'll see choices. Also, Google "e z up with screen" and you'll have more choices.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LL Bean has a screened enclosure with good customer reviews that is priced between WM and EZ Up. A zippered rain fly is optional and includes a floor.

I do not recall the size. Might be 8x8.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #7

Go the Walmart route. The gazebo is great and easy to put up. We didn't get the screen enclosure because we would use it in the PNW. Don't go spend hundreds of dollars for the same product that you can get for a fraction of the price. I looked at hundreds before I bought ours and the only difference is the name brand.

JMHO
Arnold
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #8

We just got a "back up dining canopy" from Rose's for really cheap - check out Variety Wholesalers, Inc. - Making Value Affordable to see if you are near one...$135, 10x12 screen sides, no tools required.
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Go with the walmart brand for $97 and the screen enclosure for $38.
We bought one several years ago and last summer purchased another. Found out that you set one up and the the other next to it, you have a great space for dining and also for the no seeums. Take the screen enclosure and start at one tent and continue on to the second. You will have two sections that you don't use, so put these aside. The sections would be for the adjoining two middle sides.

Poppy
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:07 AM   #10

I'm interested in this idea. Thanks for starting the conversation. Went to Walmart yesterday to look at them and the available accessories. One question I have is, what's the best way to tie them down?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #11
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a 10x10 and a 12x12 colman. They have a screen option. We dont have the screens but the 12x12 gives you a LOT more room. We set them both up. We have a separate sceen enclosure but it gets too hot for us. We may sring for the colman screens this year.

Good luck.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #12
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
I'm interested in this idea. Thanks for starting the conversation. Went to Walmart yesterday to look at them and the available accessories. One question I have is, what's the best way to tie them down?
Almost all come with stakes and tiedowns. I normaly just drive the tiedowns in the legs unless it is windy. The I use the attached lines on each corner with the additional tiedown rods.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #13

When we use ours with our business, we attach 1in nylon straps to coolers at two corners of each canopy.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #14

You can go to Walmart web site and have them shipped to a store close to you with no shipping charge. I check my local Walmart and the canopy they had was opened an re-taped. I am going to order one.