Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2016, 06:40 AM   #1

Help! Need ideas.

I would like to replace our older TV in Jayco 5th wheel. It is built into center wall that leads up to bathroom. We have a tv already in bedroom and that is the only place we watch tv and are not big tv watchers to begin with. Anybody have ideas of what i can replace the space with other than tv or radio appliances?
marilynkaykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2016, 07:10 AM   #2

Cabinet? Make some doors that cover the space?
Old 05-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #3

I agree with making it into a cabinet, but maybe you are not a woodworker. About any kitchen cabinet shop will make a door or doors for you. They should be able to match style, wood, finish, and premount hinges to make installation easier. Call some shops and then take RV to their shop for them to give you an estimate.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:20 AM   #4

I removed a old crt tv from the center console dash of our motorhome and replaced it with a electric fireplace/heater. We set a flat screen on the dash above the fireplace and place it on the bed when traveling, larger picture and better location for viewing.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:24 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cat bed or cat box!
Old 05-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
do you have a picture? might help with some ideas!!
Old 05-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #7

Here's a photo of our fireplace installed in the dash. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1462577606.694783.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  96.1 KB
If I did it right.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:13 AM   #8
IC2

Our last 5er had a gaping hole for a CRT TV. I rebuilt the entire cabinet using real oak stained to match the usual thermofoil coated fake wood found in many RVs, then installed a mid size flat screen TV. When redoing the cabinet, one of the outside storage areas directly behind it was opened and long handled items given a better place. I also put doors on the cabinet from here: Cabinet Doors Online | Unfinished Cabinet Doors | Solid Wood Cabinet Doors | Kitchen Cabinet Doors . Beautiful quality and reasonably priced, enough so that I've used several during my current, ongoing S&B kitchen update.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote