Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2015, 02:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyandMark View Post
Hello everybody. I want to thank you all for your help. This morning Kathy and I decided to have another company come over to check out our RV, before the "expert" from the original company got here, which was to be at 11:00 o'clock. As you might remember the original company sent out a kid with a bucket to stand on, and did something terrible to the finish of the RV. Then left after giving us the news that it was the best he could do. He didn't touch the cab above the truck. he didn't wash the RV. Anyway, the new company came over, and a three member crew took a good look around the RV. To make a long story short, they said that it looks like the previous company put on a wax that was not meant for an RV. They didn't recognize the wax, and said that the wax was still on the gelcoat. They saw scrape marks where the previous company buffed it down with something that was too abrasive. They didn't do a hard sell, they were on their way home from doing another RV in the resort area of Orlando, and sincerely wanted to help. They arrived early, they had a company box truck, three men, ladders, etc. At that time we took a chance and told the previous company not to come back. We allowed the new company to wash the RV, because they said that the original company did not wash it. They had to wash part of the RV by hand, because the unusual wax that was put on it had not been removed or buffed down. The original company left the compound and wax on. After they washed it, it looked similar to how it looked when we purchased it. I was very relieved, and so was my wife. So, we told them to finish the job, and they did. It looks really, really good now, much much better than it ever did. If I can figure out how load up some pictures I will. My wife is really happy. Though it's an older RV, she really loves it, and now it looks better than it did when we first bought it. Thank you to everyone that gave their input - this story has a happy ending.
Wow, I am glad this ended with a happy ending. Pictures would be great.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #16

Before & After photos of our RV nightmare pics

Hello everyone,
Here are some pic of our RV wax nightmare. The first picture was taken at sunset yesterday after the first company, "Mobile Empire Detailing" walked away from the unfinished job. The young man who did the job told us "I've got bad news for you, this is the best it's going to get."

Here are some pictures are of the RV after the new company, "Hotties Detailing" came over this morning with their 3 man crew to fix the disaster.

They shined the fiberglass cap above the cab beautifully.

No lines or streaks

They did a great job! They were referred to us by a RV professional who did a walk through with us last month. I will be posting a review on both companies.
Thanks again for your help and my wife and I really appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before pic 1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	109547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Good after pic 1.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	109548  

Name:	Good after pick front.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	109549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Good after side 2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	109550  

Name:	Good after back.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	109551   Click image for larger version

Name:	Good after front 2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	109552  

Name:	Good after rear.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	109553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Good after side.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	109554  

KathyandMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #17

Hi GACamp, I just posted some pics. everything turned out okay
Old 10-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
coach looks awesome!
Old 10-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #19

Mojoracing, thank you. We are really pleased with the end result. Looking forward to our next trip in December!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:08 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Can you tell us the cost? Looks like they did it right. Looks wonderful. Less drag going down the HWY.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:26 AM   #21

Spritz, the cost was 350.00 and was guaranteed to last a year. They really did a good job. The only downside was that they have a box truck with their logo "Hotties" on it. A little embarrassing...but still, the crew did a good job. Not sure why they chose that name.

Tags
advice