Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #71

iRV2 No Limits Club
Forgive me. Here in AZ, we have a shortage of beaches so we don't run into this.

Some of the other conditions, like cash only and a non-refundable 50% deposit 10 days before arrival, are total turn offs. Still, I appreciate them being up front.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #72

Does the bathroom door on stalls require the meter to be fed 50cents in quarters or do you have to use full Half Dollar coins? .
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #73

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lady Fritz--

You probably won't like Maine at all.

If you go farther up the coast, like 2/3 of the way north on US 1, into the Bar Harbor Region- Acadia Natl Park, Cadillac Mountain, etc, the rates go up to $75-100/day, plus the tax at .07%, during the height of the season (July and August) and then all the extras on top of that.

We have folks coming through the Booth Bay Harbor on their trip back South, and when they check in, they think they "have died and gone to heaven" with the campground we stay and work at- this is true! If you don't believe me, try booking water, or ocean front RV sites in that part of the country for those two months.

Give a report on what you find out-
Old 10-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #74

Bar harbor----only the filthy rich pay the super prices;
Last time i went up there I stayed at the national park called Seawall' cost me $12 a night; (its only walking distance to the oceon) might be a little more now.
I did all the tourst things; including a few trips to Bar harbor. and had a few lobsters; you can spend a fortune if you want; not me.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #75

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hubrich View Post
...plus the tax at .07%, ...
I wish our tax rate was only .07% - we pay 9% out here on the west coast...
Old 10-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #76

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
I wish our tax rate was only .07% - we pay 9% out here on the west coast...
Or better as we do here on the east coast.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:39 AM   #77

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hubrich View Post
Lady Fritz--

You probably won't like Maine at all...
It's Fitz... (for Fitzgerald; the forum doesn't allow enough room for the full name), not Fritz, and you're right, I probably wouldn't like Maine.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #78

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In the past 11 years we have stayed in every state on the continent except for Delaware and Connecticut. We have learned to expect to pay higher prices during high season and to be able to find available sites at 50% off in Passport America campgrounds in off peak or mid week. We have watched a county park in Los Angeles (Dockweiler) rise from $28 five years ago to $65 plus convenience fee for accepting our reservation and additional convenience fee for payment by credit card. These are off season rates. The nearest private cg in Malibu Beach is over $100/ night in the off season.

We have solar and a low appetite for electricity and are prepared to boondock wherever we can. Free is indeed the best price, but bring along your own amenities

If WiFi is free and works we use it, if not we use the hotspot on my droidX. We do not use shower rooms or most extra amenities so prefer not to stay at places that have them if they don't charge extra for them. We do not eat out a lot and our own cooking is generally superior to, and healthier than what is offered in most cg restaurant/cafes we have seen. Oh there are only two of us and there is no pet to walk.

Travel to Alaska was enlightening. The season is very short so campground prices were quite high. Town cgs in Home and Seward were $15 for boondock space barely large enough for our 36 foot coach. Town dumps were free! Private campgrounds charged as much as $45 for similar amenities and for Water and Electric we saw $75. Fortunately most of Alaska is open to free boondocking in roadside pullouts and any federal land. WE did a lot of that.

Near National parks in season we expected to pay high prices and we did unless we could find National Forest CGs with first come first served no reservation policies. We don't plan far enough ahead to ever stay IN a National Park in season. No hidden charges in those parks. We are on the road from 4 to 9 months at a time, campground fees can eat a lot of $$ if we are not careful.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #79

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
and $75.00 per night (during Ballon Fest) at American Rv park in Albuquerque, however they do inform you of this when you reserve,
I just heard on the TV (Warner Wolf) that "Motel 6", for a room, a few miles from the LSU (#1), Alabama (#2) game in Tuscaloosa, on Saturday night (8pm EST), is charging $350 per night, 2 night minimum- $700 bucks! Wow-

I wonder what the nearby campgrounds are charging- ?

Early odds give Alabama a 5 point lead, I guess because of home field advantage.