Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2019, 04:55 PM   #71

I never really considered pink flamingos one way or the other but it's obvious they do not get any respect. I will have to say I am thinking about getting them the laughter that I just had reading this was Unreal thank you very very much Dusty
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
With the Texas Boomers it was from a rally many years ago when a certain un-named higher end motorhome club refereed to out Texas Boomers group as TRAILER TRASH. SO in retaliation we planted every pink bird we had around our rigs.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #73

I would be Trailer Trash if we didn't have a motor coach... [emoji3]
Old 09-20-2019, 08:40 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
I let my fingers do some walking:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoo...come_the_sign/

It seems it could be swingers in some places. I'd bet a lot more owners never heard of that and are not all that interested in Swinging in those terms.
I thought she said Slingers.

Ken, I remember reading about that, must have been 20 years ago or more.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:28 PM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a Dollar Tree Pink Flamingo. He sits by the step of the MH. Been there for years he keeps the Hippos away, so far he has been perfect. Not a Hippo in site.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:51 AM   #76

Was driving in to our neighboring city when I noticed a plastic pink flamingo on top of a power pole. I laughed to myself, thinking some kid had climbed up and stuck it there. A couple of weeks later there was another one a few poles down. I was quite amused. Not long after I ran into one of the local power guys and jokingly asked if he'd seen the birds. He smiled and said, "yeah, I put them there. They're the only thing that keeps the ospreys in the area from building nests on top of the poles." Seems they'd tried all kinds of things, from spikes to plastic owls, and the only thing that worked was flamingos!
Old 09-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #77

Fleetwood Owners Club
The flamingos are so tacky even the ospreys won't move into the neighborhood...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #78

So I'm sitting here in an old RV and expected to be not tacky? Fooey on you!
Old 09-22-2019, 09:35 AM   #79

DW tells me I should've added comment about our Pink Flamingo Parade.
Did this for the Gkids, a dozen flamingos marching in a line around the front yard. Every night after the kids went to bed I'd advance the "line of march" a few flamingos. Never told them it was me moving them, told them they came to life at night and just never could quite line up the same before they went to sleep again. One granddaughter was particularly vicious in her comments if they were in the same position in the morning. The Gkids are all teens now but the flamingos are still marching around the yard. And neighbors still comment about them. No negatives.

This was real cute. DW & I off on 3-week vacation last summer, friend of hers house & pet sat for us. When we got back home there were 3 new little flamingos and two others had their legs taken off and were sitting on nests of "eggs" -- golf balls she'd painted pink and blue.
DCMAC214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondBoundariesRV View Post
It's there really a hidden meaning to having your RV or lot decorated on the outside with flamingo stuff?

You have been flocked! Party is at your place and you get to put them in the next spot to be flocked.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:29 PM   #81

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh2obury View Post
You have been flocked! Party is at your place and you get to put them in the next spot to be flocked.
Yep. In a past life, if you came out of your house Monday morning and there was a PF in your yard, it meant you had the party Saturday night, and you got to place the PF Sunday nite. Victorville was fun.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote