Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #155

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I intend to plan more direct routes between stops rather than drifting down many back roads.

TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #156

In 2008 the national average for gas was around $1.86 wonder why for the past 4 years it has gone up. The only "change" we see is the change in our pockets instead of the paper people used to have to actually "pay" there bills. I know yes as americans we have cheaper fuel prices than other countries but those other countries buy less fuel than we do and they provide health care huh makes you think. We pray everyday for the fuel prices to go down as it effects us all. Hopefully soon we will ALL be able to enjoy our rv's again these fuel prices will in some way shape or form effect us all directly or indirectly. Keep in mind that not only do the gas companies get rich off of this the banks get richer also with overdrafted accounts and the cc compaines make more from the person just trying to get by.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #157

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It is GREED! We are slowly out-pricing ourselves. It won't be long before we will be unable to pay just the interest on our debt. Everytime Congress raises the minimum wage the retailers/manufacturers have to raise their prices on goods in order to pay the increase.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #158

We've never been Wallyworld campers but thats where were going to spend our overnight stops on our trip with the grandson to Disney World the end of april. Hope that will offset the higher fuel cost. I guess the losers will be the KOA's we useally stop at for the 2 nights each way. By the way it's tough on those of us with oil heat. Just paid $1365.50 for one oil delivery!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #159

Same as it ever was...

I was there, way back in 1971, spending the unbelievable 35 cents a gallon to fuel up my mini-bike. How awful! Darn thing would only take two quarts.

I was there in 1973. My Chevy Vega ( remember that) only got 25 MPG. Life was still tough with gas at 35 cents per gallon. Then, gas jumped to 75 cents a gallon and you could only fill-up on even or odd days, depending on you license plate number. That absolutely killed my social life. Had to walk to the movies.

Major ups and downs in the US over the next four years, maybe even 5. But, 75 cents a gallon for gas? Anyway, went to England in 1979. Holy CRAP! $3 a gallon! Who knew we had it so good in the states (those in Europe, that's who).

Point is, the price of fuel will always go up. If you're well invested, you'll benefit from it. If not, you might think about moving that way.

Just my experience and perspective. The actual prices stated are approximations. But, pretty close.

Steve
Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #160

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak View Post
We've never been Wallyworld campers but thats where were going to spend our overnight stops on our trip with the grandson to Disney World the end of april. Hope that will offset the higher fuel cost. I guess the losers will be the KOA's we useally stop at for the 2 nights each way. By the way it's tough on those of us with oil heat. Just paid $1365.50 for one oil delivery!
Time to go to coal fired my friend
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #161

Quote:
Where in the world do you put $1365.50 worth of oil in your RV?

I want that tank!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #162

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey,

The way this thread is going it may catch up with "Parking at Walmart"

Our last trip to CA from NC in March of 2009, we didn't pay more than $1.86 per gallon. 150 gal capacity allowed us to pick our stops. We could go 900 miles before we started looking for best prices. Notice I did not say cheap prices. Now we're looking at $600 for one tank of fuel at 8pmg.

Dave
Old 03-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #163

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak View Post
Do you have to roll up your windows to hold all that oil?
Old 03-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #164

The original plan for this winter was to move in 2-3 week increments down from Alberta to Arizona, then across the southern border to Florida, then north to Ontario before going back across Canada back to Alberta. However, we stayed 4 months in Arizona for valid reasons and now would need to complete out planned trip all in March. Our calculations for diesel fuel show that this kicks the ( )rap out of my budget for me for the month of March. So, we'll be staying here in AZ another month before heading back up north to Alberta.
"Road Ranger" (Lenny!) RCMPolice Veteran #25XXX
"Geminimajic" (Gloria!)
2012 Open Range 386FLR 5'ver towed by (TBD)
Road Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #166

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
That's a shame Road Ranger. Seems like everyone is re-evaluating things these days.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #167

Winnebago Owners Club
I do not believe it it the intentional greed of the oil companies, or mostly the speculators that is causing the problems here in the U.S., although I do believe they do share part of the blame. I believe it is the runaway debt of the U.S. government and the printing of more money that is the main culprit. I may be wrong, but as I understand it, the world wide price of oil is pegged on the US dollar and when the treasury department printing presses are working overtime to print more "fiat" money......well you see the result at the pump.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #168

Jail

The oil companys have us all in jail, I am not going to let them win. I will still use my recent purchase Monaco Windsor MH and cut back on other things. This MH gets the same MPG if not slightly better than my pick up and fifth wheel. Just stay closer to home and hope the price will come down. We all have good times and make lasting memories with our RVs. We will have to ride it out, don't expect our goverment to help us. Be safe. Ron

Tags
gas