Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #57

Ford Super Duty Owner
Damx the gas - full trip ahead.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #58

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Probably a lot of 1 tank trips for us. Had plans for Yellowstone this summer won't be able to pull it off at $5/ gallon.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #59

Texas Boomers Club
We have been planning a trip to Alaska for this June from Southeast Texas. Been planning this for 2 years. Going about 10,000 miles round trip. Going anyway. We are all being s****ed but can't seem to stop it.
CPCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #60

DW and I aren't stopping! If all goes to plan, this Saturday we will be upgrading our 2000 Moho to a 2007 Georgie Boy (any comments/reviews appreciated). We have discussed the possibility that gas will be over $5.00 gal this summer, we both concluded "So What"! Sure we'll have to make adjustments like most. We figure it will keep us a little closer to the CG versus spending $$ around the towns we are near, which a lot of the summer is the Finger Lakes region of New York State. If it gets to high up there, $5.50+ then we will spend a week or so at a time at some of the nearby state parks, with one being right on the shore of Lake Erie and another on the Shore of Lake Ontario (any hear of Niagara Falls). Whatever, we're going camping!
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #61

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Maybe everyone should write to your state representative and tell them that because the environmentalists believe gas should be $20.00 a gallon and with a carbon tax on top of that is no reason to allow us to be gouged by the speculators and the gas companies.

The gas companies are happily proving the environmentalists correct by increasing the price every time these wingnuts put out press releases about a pending gas hike. I'm starting to think that these groups are funding themselves with the profits on their fuel shares.

AMEN ! Me too!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #62

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaTOne65 View Post
Our elustrious Oil Companies, and the Wall Street speculators, are to blame for this rise in prices. Thanks to them, the Oil Companies are making $1500.00 a second, that's right, $1500.00 a second! Do not be fooled by people who have only one thing on their agenda.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2journey View Post
Hi Guys

Canadians pay close to $5 per gallon or more right now. So your gas prices are a steal.
You may be a little low on that...we broke the $6.20@gal. barrier last summer in Canada. When we got to Alaska we averaged a little over $5 per and it felt like a bargain...CCs were still smoke'n, but it FELT like a bargain.

We will still go camping but I think the days of the 12.5K and 13.5K mile summers are probably over. That first summer(12.5K miles)we put more mileage on the Jeep exploring than the MH...that will probably change as well. We will camp though. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #64

Seems that gas is going up everyday here in Virginia.....10 cents higher since yesterday - approaching $4.00 - seems that demand is staying the same - if that levels off maybe gas will come down - changing my plans for Alaska and Texas to the nearby beach at OBX and Smokies...retired now and plan to enjoy as much as possible.
Bobby88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #65

You can change things:

STOP buying gas from Mobile and Exxon for just 1 month and watch the gas prices go down. Is it that hard to go to another station? They first set us up for $3 a gal gas, then $4 a gal gas and now it's $5 a gal gas. when will it end? When you STOP buying gas from the big 2 and they start lowering their prices. Every other gas maker will have to lower theirs too and you will send a message to them and wall street showing you won't stand for it.
MRBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #66

Vintage RV Owners Club
I budgeted my current big Fall trip at 4.009 gal @ 7 mpg for a round trip of 5800 miles. At current estimates, that boils out to $3322 for fuel, adding in $2000 for monthly expenses my total trip cost is roughly $5322 as I will be existing off said $2000 for the month of the trip with no income coming in till after I return and can start my unemployment claim again (I cycle on and off unemployment as part of how my job works).

If gas moves up to $5 a gallon, the new fuel expense becomes $4150, moving the total budget needed for the trip up to $6150, or roughly a $828 increase in expense.

The question becomes not necessarily if I can afford it, is if I will have enough time between now and September 6th to raise the money if fuel prices don't even out.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Angry

Just went up 20 cents a gallon this morning! Regular $4.09 at 6am 11 am $4.29! California "special blend" means "special price" $4.79 for Diesel!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #68

I'm not happy about it, but I'll still go when I want to go. Just won't be spending as much in the local economy that I'm visiting.
Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #69

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Gas is 3.559 as I came to work, diesel at the same station was 4.199. The gas is among the cheapest but I can get diesel cheaper.
Headed out for Phoenix in a while, hope it doesn't go up too much more but I don't think our government is helping hold the prices down!
Gas was $1.89 when our current president took office. Last month they announced that the USA EXPORTS more gasoline than any other commodity (wheat, corn, etc). Gasoline... Our #1 export.... I'd say you're right.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #70

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
You can change things:

STOP buying gas from Mobile and Exxon for just 1 month and watch the gas prices go down. Is it that hard to go to another station? They first set us up for $3 a gal gas, then $4 a gal gas and now it's $5 a gal gas. when will it end? When you STOP buying gas from the big 2 and they start lowering their prices. Every other gas maker will have to lower theirs too and you will send a message to them and wall street showing you won't stand for it.
It's a global market. China is the huge demand. The big oil companies export more gasoline from the USA than they sell here. I'm afraid boycotting as you suggest would only hurt the local gas stations.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas