Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #71

Last October on a trip from Idaho to Wisconsin, we paid $4.68 a gallon for
Deseil in Montana, and North Dakota. 75cents more than 4 weeks before!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #72

We paid $4.68 a gallon last fall in Montana and North Dakota

Old 02-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
My plans remain the same. When one considers the total cost of RVing, fuel cost gets put into a more correct perspective. Nobody likes how fuel prices are determined, but for me, it damn the fuel prices, full speed ahead. Well, full speed up to 60 MPH.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #74

diesel fuel @ $5.00 my M H holds 150 gallons = $750.00 to fuel. drive till it,s low stay there till the next ss check, go again.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #75

No kids at home, motorcycle, Georgie Boy ready to go and fuel is $4.00 per gal. We're going anyhow. New tile in the bathroom can wait. If it's a pleasure that you worked for over a period of time,Go! We converted to coal at home and tried to save every way that we could,but gas is still a big expense. We both still work so we are at an advantage but I have retired friends that have adjusted their spending and we have learned from them. We are going to take the MH out of storage this weekend and I admit I feel like a kid at Christmas...I can't wait. Maybe shorter trips, but we're going,TomKaren
Old 02-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #76

Well we camp alot but just not as far away from home. At some point fuel will force me out, like O/P said 150 gal tank $750.00 to fill it up, or at 8mpg 64 cents per mile who knows.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin

Gas was $1.89 when our current president took office. Last month they announced that the USA EXPORTS more gasoline than any other commodity (wheat, corn, etc). Gasoline... Our #1 export.... I'd say you're right.
I sure hope you aren't hoping for the good old days when he first took office. The world economy and banking system was in a meltdown. People were actually wondering if they should go out and take all their money out of the bank. Gas was so low because no one was going anywhere or buying anything. I sure don't want to revisit that year again, does anyone???
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #78

Leaving for Key West tomorrow will try and plan fuel stops to save a few cents when we can. Won't make that much difference. The sad fact is there is an abundance of oil with the mild winter and plent of gas. If it continues to go up we will cancel the trip to Myrtle Beach this summer and just stay near home. Cape May here we come.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #79

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I sure hope you aren't hoping for the good old days when he first took office. The world economy and banking system was in a meltdown. People were actually wondering if they should go out and take all their money out of the bank. Gas was so low because no one was going anywhere or buying anything. I sure don't want to revisit that year again, does anyone???
Actually, because of that drop in price I was able to afford a nice trip down the length of the entire Oregon Coast for a little over $300. Another commodities dive on fuel would allow me to actually extend my trip further because the original distance would no longer be consuming 62% of my budget.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's all B.S. My new slogan is "REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #81

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I'd go back. Since then, I've seen a 25% increase in health care premiums along with larger copays, no raise in my retirement check for three years and an 80% drop in my investment income Being from NV, I've watched my home value decrease by 60%. It's been great
Richard
Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvarner View Post
I'd go back. Since then, I've seen a 25% increase in health care premiums along with larger copays, no raise in my retirement check for three years and an 80% drop in my investment income Being from NV, I've watched my home value decrease by 60%. It's been great
Richard
You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet - the worse is yet to come...

The "smile and be happy" crowd keep laughing at me when I keep saying that - but sure enough, it just keeps on getting worse...

Price of fuel for our "Land Yachts" is likely to be a minor concern in the face of FAR higher priority serious issues headed our way - but perhaps for some at least, maybe better to pay the price for RV fuel and TRAVEL - while those dollars at least still bring SOME measure of happy memories...

The America we knew and loved just a few short decades ago is dead and gone - and NOT likely to return - no matter HOW much we wish otherwise...

Yeah - laugh now - but REMEMBER later!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
It's a global market. China is the huge demand. The big oil companies export more gasoline from the USA than they sell here. I'm afraid boycotting as you suggest would only hurt the local gas stations.
When gas hit $4 last year and people cut back the price went down to a little over $3 a gal.... Make no mistake if the big 2 don't sell gas here they will drop the price. What do you have to lose?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #84

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet - the worse is yet to come...

The "smile and be happy" crowd keep laughing at me when I keep saying that - but sure enough, it just keeps on getting worse...

Price of fuel for our "Land Yachts" is likely to be a minor concern in the face of FAR higher priority serious issues headed our way - but perhaps for some at least, maybe better to pay the price for RV fuel and TRAVEL - while those dollars at least still bring SOME measure of happy memories...

The America we knew and loved just a few short decades ago is dead and gone - and NOT likely to return - no matter HOW much we wish otherwise...

Yeah - laugh now - but REMEMBER later!
You couldnt have said it any better and i understand and agree with what you are saying. [Moderator Edit]

mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas