Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #43

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
Even before the new format I was growing tired of the magazine, all it seemed to be to me was a big advertisement for their insurance, road service, etc, etc.
I don't think I'll be renewing for sure now, then maybe that will stop the constant flood of junk mail that clutters up my desk every week.
Don't bet on it. After I canceled GS, I got MORE junk mail from them, trying to get me to rejoin. It's almost like you have to join GS to reduce the junk mail from them! I'm afraid once they get your address/email and know you own a RV, you are their "best friend for life."
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #44

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is hard to write a positive response when there has been so many negative ones already. I didn't join GS many years ago for the magazine, I joined for the camping discount. I also belong to Passport America and Escapees but there are way more campgrounds that take GS than either one of them although when I find one of them I use it since they are much larger discounts. Sure the new format is a lot more ads, so what, it is all on our lifestyle, RVing and it is just more paper for the recycle bin. I have never had a campground not honor the GS discount no matter how busy they were, not so with Passport America sometimes they will only give you 3 days at the super discount rate. I agree you can beat CW prices online but they are hard to beat when you run up on one of their stores and you are traveling.
IRVTrekin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:15 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I skip Highways Magazine altogether since the change. I do like Good Sam's monthly on line magazine.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote