Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
This is who did my wife's hip replacements back in mid 90's.
Wayne Paprosky - Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush

She's scheduled for a socket replacement next month with him. Not sure whose replacement he uses, but she's had no problems with them and you'd never know she has replacements.
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #16

I can recommend Dr. Leo Whiteside at Mo Bone and Joint in St. Louis.
They do mostly Knee and Hip replacement. He did my wife's knees about 15 years ago and she has never had any problems.
As for some temp relief, have you considered a TENS unit. May or may not help but it works great on my back.
Good luck however you go.
southland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer1 View Post
This is who did my wife's hip replacements back in mid 90's.
Wayne Paprosky - Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush

She's scheduled for a socket replacement next month with him. Not sure whose replacement he uses, but she's had no problems with them and you'd never know she has replacements.
Actually it's the socket liner that's being being replaced. Replacements were done in 97 & 99. Should be an in & out same day.
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hip trouble

Sorry about your problem while driving. Not sure if you've been diagnosted
yet but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth. I started having hip pain while I was in Taxas in 2009. It only hurt while riding in a car or the RV. i had to drive the RV back to Ohio, took a lot of pain pills and stopped a lot. it got so bad I couldn't even drive 50 miles without being in bad pain. I fell in Taxas and thought i might have broke something. Had that checked out, nothing broken. was sent to nerve Dr. who put me on Lerica three times a day. I got well. Now I take one a day and have on problem. I hurt the most in my wife's car with bucket seats, I didn't like that car anyway. hope this might help. I've had knee replacement but no hips
redtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike View Post
I had a hip replacement done in 2010, I was then 63. Left hospital after 5 days, able to walk a flight of stairs, all be it with a stick. At the end of a fortnight I was walking the block and at the end of the month, one mile a day. After that I was off . Back to being a Scout Leader, hiking and riding my mountain bike. All in all, excellent.

This wednesday coming, I go in for a knee replacement on the same leg.

You need to do exactly as you are told by the physio. The exercises they give you are very important.
Mike, do you know what kind of joint you received? I'm trying to read up on them as much as possible and the ones I've seen are metal on metal with no spacer, metal ball and socket with plastic spacer, ceramic on ceramic, and metal with polyethlene spacer. Will see what the doctor in Wichita, Kansas prefers or suggests at my next appointment in March.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote