Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2016, 01:58 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Holiday Rambler 2005 admiral

hi I am looking to but a 2005 Admiral with 18k miles. original owner traded in for a travel trailer,
anything I should look for or need to know, current have a class c and I am moving on up
thanks
markp714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here with us in the forum.

I am a believer in having any used MH inspected by an RV tech before buying. They should know what the problems areas are.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:10 PM   #3

thanks I have purchased my current RV from this dealer, they have all the records on this so I am going to go through them to see if anything major went on, and that it was maintained and I will take up on your advice
thanks again
m
Old 07-25-2016, 07:09 PM   #4

We have 30ft, 2005 HR Admiral and we love it..F53 Ford...we bought it three years ago with 21000 miles on it and we now have 52000+...I removed the dinette (two small) and the couch ( very uncomfortable & small).........

Our MMR (Mobile Motel Room) does like a lot of the larger ones entertains 6,feeds 4 and only sleeps 2 plus a small dog....

The convection oven would not stay fixed (tried the fix three times) so it was removed and a regular Microwave installed.......We don't cook much in the MMR & we eat out on the road a bunch, Mom says that she's on vacation right along with me & the dog.......Lots of other things were done and every time we come back home we have a small list to do things.....but that is just MMR driving.....:t humb:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1692.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	534.2 KB
ID:	134178  
Lincolnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #5

thanks sounds like you are having a good time
m
Old 07-26-2016, 07:29 PM   #6

markp714-

Here's a post I made on a similar thread.

I believe the Admiral had aluminum walls up to the 2007 model year. Our 2008 has fiberglass walls. That may or may not matter to you.

I get the impression that Admirals built before the economic meltdown are solid coaches. After that, hmm ...

As I said in the other post: "If you have any specific questions, ask away."
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Be sure to check the engine maint, oil change, filter change, etc, 18k is very low mileage, it hasn't been used much for being 11 years old, which is not always good.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:20 PM   #8

2006 HR Admiral

We bought our 2006 about two years ago and just love it. The first year I did a total rehab on it. New carpet, new furniture, new counter and table tops. New sink and cook top too. Tossed out the big heavy glass shower door, replaced TV's with new flat screens. Tossing the super heavy old style TV's out. That was just the start of all I did. Once I got started it was clear this was a very well built unit and well worth the money and effort of a total rebuild. So six months later we had a like new Admiral. We get asked all the time if it is a new one. One thing I did find that causes some confusion when you are ordering parts is the motor home is titled a 2006 but the chassis is a 2005. No big deal just FYI. Unless there is something wrong with the engine or transmission I would recommend the HR Admiral. Very well built motor home.Click image for larger version

Name:	lake front.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	424.2 KB
ID:	134552
hotdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:43 PM   #9

We love our 2006 HR Admiral. Well built and very solid. Ours is the 30PDD and we started full timing this January. So say it's too small to ft but so far it has work great for us. I have also done a lot of upgrades. Installed a stove with oven, flatscreen tv's, satellite antenna, surge protector. color rearview camera and monitor, Sumo Solo Springs, Sanicon, 5Star turner-(a must for the V10), Magne Shades, EEZRV TPMS tire monitor system, Radio Labs wifi antenna and wireless wifi repeater and too many little things to list. We did all this because the Admiral has been a great moho with no problems to date. Hope you will enjoy yours as much as we do ours.
Crabb E is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler