Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #15

....inside a residential area they are an illegal sewer taps....check local codes before you start messing with the sanitary system.....could get expensive real quick....get a permit before you start and remember that Hepa "A-B or C" is a bit*h to control after you get it-that's why I went to an electric Incinolet Toilet......geof kaye
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally posted by campdoc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mtworks:
I cant connect to the house septic because it is on the other side of the house (70 feet from where the RV is and no basement to dig under or thru.
I'm looking to build a small septic tank to hold only 50 gallons or so with just a connector for my hose. any other ideas?
I would not use a 55 gallon drum! They Will rust
out. I've installed a concrete grease tank,I think
it was 4x4x4 ,It's been in service for 7 years,
with no problems,The cost was under 300.00.then.
My 2 cents.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are 55 gal plastic drums made for just this purpose. These are usually used rurally outside workshops or barns. These systems will work for a long time and are usually trouble free. Would be great for an RV, but would not install this in a residential neighborhood.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Hi mtworks,
I also agree with Bill on the macerator. This is what I have done, and it works very well. For me, it is better than digging the hole and putting anything in the ground (will eventually require maintenance).
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #18

I used a Sewer Solution along with 60' of 1" PVC pipe and a 75' garden hose coming out of my sewer solution. There was a drop of about 12" total. I would beware of running the Sewer Solution uphill for any distance. A macerator would work going uphill, but I don't know for how far. It would depend upon the pressure.

Plumbing and Politics--In both instances, poop runs downhill.

I don't know about other states, but in Texas, in town or out in the country, putting in septic tanks, systems, etc. is HIGHLY regulated and there are hefty fines if you violate the laws. All work has to be done by liscensed workers and the plans have to be approved by the TECQ.
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Most localities now require a permit to put in any sort of septic waste disposal system and if you don get the permits and do it per state and local EPA requirements, you will face a pretty stiff penalty.

We have an aerobic septic system and I use a Sani-Con to pump the waste to the house clean out with about 75 to 100' of 1" hose.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:43 AM   #20

i USE A MACERATOR PUMP, MY CLEAN OUT FOR SEWER IS ABOUT 60' AWAY. PUMP IT USING A HEAVY DUTY GARDEN HOSE, NEVER ANY PROBLEMS SINCE THE PUMP GRINDS EVERYTHING UP, THEN i FLUSH IT OUT WITH CLEAN WATER.
lng gas man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:41 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes I have some plans. I have one at my home, built it myself, and it has worked fine for the past 7-8 years or so with no maintneience at all.
PM or e-mail and I will be glad tpo share them with youall.
Have been a licensed contractor and homebuilder, so these will work for you.

Jeep Wrangler toadw/US Gear breaking
bugs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #22

I know that this is a bit of an older thread, but I've been considering this for a while. I thought I would have to dig a trench and add a new cleanout on the sewer line. When we park our trailer in our driveway, the 4" house sewer cleanout is near the street, about 4' from the driveway and about 18' from the trailer's cleanout. It is a threaded 4" cleanout, so I was wondering if I could simply build a PVC line to connect when were are at home. Any thoughts?
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #23

A lot of friends of mine have extended and put in clean outs for there rigs. One of my friends had put one very close to the edge of his lawn. He is on city sewage and while he was replacing his lawn with a synthetic lawn he had his plumber come out and add a clean out. No he just pulls his rig up in front of his home and dump his tanks. No more looking for a dump station.
So your plan seems doable
cowrv39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #24

Actually, the solution is easily at hand - sewer ejection pump installed in a concrete tank next to your RV. They're designed to pump uphill & long distances. Been around a long time and easy to tie into any existing sewer/septic system.
Bill Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #25

how about just getting one of those portable pooh pooh tanks and dump it in your septic,thats what I did.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #26

We extended our house sewer clean out over across the front of our house to the pad where our 5th wheel sets. When we get home we back the rig up in the driveway and empty the tanks. Makes our rig a great guest quarters since we can hook it up to water and electricity and have dump station.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
lovethebeach is offline   Reply With Quote