Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2014, 10:25 PM   #1

Houston RV Show

Attended the show today and enjoyed looking at the Class A's and mid to high end 5ers. This was the second day and was surprised to see so many sold signs and witnessed a few trying to do contracts. Show discounts seemed to be mostly about 20-25%.

Big disappointment was no Entegra units present. Many Tiffin, Newmar, Itasca, and Fleetwood present.

Saw the new Winnebago Destination 5er and really liked the floor plan but was shocked at the poor fit and finish. Saw one trim item in master closest that was 1/2"x2' from butting up to other item with screws showing between them. I would think a dealer would be ashamed to show off such poor finish.

No Excel or DRV 5ers at the show. Saw one Lifestyle.

Attendance was small so getting in and out of all units was quick. Low attendance and lots of sold signs caused me to scratch my head.LOL

Enjoyed the show and only purchased sandwich with soda.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #2

We are in Houston now, so thanks for the update. If it is that bad, might look around for free tickets (with parking)-yeah sure.
G Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #3

The sold signs might just be a "come on". This one is sold but we have another one just like it back on the lot.

I might drop in there this afternoon and walk through. What else is there to do on a cold grey day in Houston.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #4

Back from the Houston RV show. It was a good crowd in there today with a lot of people looking at the big motor homes, such as the Newmars and Tiffins. Good discounts and financing options brought the prices down and there were people in deep discussions and bargaining going on. I was there mostly to getting out of the house and see if there were any other vendors that I might have some interest in. Mostly RV parks and trailer hitch booths. It was fun.

One thing I did take note of, all of big class A's came with huge residential refrigerators. There were no Domestics or Norclolds in any of these.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
One thing I did take note of, all of big class A's came with huge residential refrigerators. There were no Domestics or Norclolds in any of these.
We went to the big RVIA show here in SoCal a couple of months ago. Both my husband and I saw the same coaches. (We were looking at maybe upgrading the coach or deciding on if we want to do a few upgrades in the one we have.) I made the comment at the end of the day about not seeing anything but residential fridges in the any of the DP's that we looked at. He said "Yes there was" I was specifically looking at fridges and I know there were no absorption fridges but he did not look that closely at them I guess I did notice a couple of Domatic microwaves thou.
I did notice on some brochures that some of the manufactures have the absorption fridges as an option now. So I guess you can get it if you want to on some of them.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #6

We are heading the Houston show tomorrow. Thanks for the update. We are looking forward to just looking.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #7

If you are going to the Houston RV show there are 2 vendors with booths that you should talk to if your have questions or need help on your Satellite system or towing and braking system for your toad.

Sats2go, David Nannenga runs Sats2go and has a mobile operation and will come to you either in a local RV park or at your storage. He can repair or install satellite systems without having to take your coach to a dealer or shop. He is great and really knows this business.

Smitty's RV & Welding, Keith "Smitty" Smith is a local Houston area tow system and brake system expert. If you need a braking system he installs M&G and Air Force 1 systems. Great guy knows his stuff.

Just recommendations no affiliation with either.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #8

Bet I was wishing I knew what time they opened before we showed up at 10:30. Arggg.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
Bet I was wishing I knew what time they opened before we showed up at 10:30. Arggg.

Thanks for sharing.
!2:00 noon. But I guess you know that now.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #10

Oh yes I do. Guess I will get a free cap. Oh boy!
Old 02-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #11

I expect there was huge crowds today as it seemed every person in Houston was on the road. After a week of cold weather I think everyone needed to get out and about. Now very glad we went Thursday the coldest day with small attendance.

Been looking at Newmar Ventana's on online, none were at the show. Dealer said they had 4 on the their lot. Of course the lot is about 40 miles one way from me. Plan to drive out and have a look this week.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #12

We spent 5+ hours there. Walked the whole show. Stopped looking at everything too. So overwhelming.

I thought they had a rep from Newmar but wasn't sure what we were in other than it was nicer than my house some of them.

And yes it was packed...and yes I have a hat.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #13

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.
Yep. We stood around for a hour last year for same reason.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #14

Quote:
I thought they had a rep from Newmar but wasn't sure what we were in other than it was nicer than my house some of them.

And yes it was packed...and yes I have a hat.
Talked to the Newmar rep but I'm a visual person and need to get inside a Ventana and Ventana LE. I think one of these is what I want but need to crawl around in them.

Congrats on bagging the cap. I've gotten a couple of those caps over the years and the only way is to be present before/when doors open as you know.

Seems the show doesn't change much over the years. About the same size every year. Wish they could get more aftermarket vendors to display.