Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #15
I might be missing something here and would be willing to change my habbits if I knew what the problem was exactly. The op mentioned that there is to much clutter. What does that mean? I know there is to much clutter in our kitchen and that does bug me but I dont understand internet clutter . Can the op explain exactly the negative impact of repetitive questions. I often scroll through " new threads" until something peaks my interest or I am able to offer help with. I tell people about this site I say you can post a question and get numorous helpful replies within in minutes.

2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #16

Gulf Streamers Club
The OP offers great advice, but WHO is going to read and follow that advice??

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #17
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe many people are naive about how to perform a search. Also, if they do, they feel overwhelmed by all the posts to weed thru to get the answers they are looking for. Much easier to just start a new thread about an old subject.
2003 Winnebago WFG33V Adventurer - 8.1 Gas, Workhorse Chassis - Medium Titanium Metalic

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #18

Part of the problem is the IRV2 search is not that good.....I know I've tried to find things I remember reading, but gave up after the search brought back too many unfocused hits. Google actually works better. You type in your search as normal ...and then add "site:irv2.com" at the end. This restricts Google to only returning hits from irv2.com.

pasdad1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #19
Consider for a moment that if one only does a search only older posts will be available with suggestions. The ability for new fresh ideas will be inhibited because a question is not asked. Besides, sometimes it is entertaining to be reminded how uninformed we were when we first started RVing. One of the great pleasures of getting older is that we can be grumpy for how others see us has become less important.
Happy Trails
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:30 PM   #20
One of the things I like to do is research and read past threads on this and other forums, and articles. That said, not everyone knows how to do research or has the patience to wade through a few to a lot of posts within any thread on any one subject. Some people just need to interact, even face to face.

If you don't want to answer somebody's question, don't, just modify your behavior by passing it by and your frustrations will disappear.

Trying to train or control others, especially those you don't know, is a waste of time.

If moderators over moderate these threads, posters are gonna start going elsewhere, worrying about second guessing themselves every time they want to ask a question.
Moderators, on the other hand, should lead, link, and edit as they see fit as that is their responsibility and challenge. So thanks to the moderators without reserve.

And...This is a fast changing environment. For example, the Ford F-53 gas super duty class A chassis that came out in 2009/2010 is a game changer that makes a lot of older gas vs diesel discussions misleading and outdated. Not saying gas = diesel, but the suspension gap has narrowed significantly.

Best behavior, in my opinion, is to skip over questions you don't want to answer, that irritate your, or you feel are covered elsewhere. Eventually, members pick up on the treasure trove of information within and do their own sorting out.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #21
On my android If I dont click " advanced search" I get results from the internet not this site. Also It is easier to search thread titles rather then " entire posts"
2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #22
I, too, occasionally get tired of repetitive posts, but if you think this forum can sound like "Groundhog Day" you ought to try some of the Facebook RV groups. Many of the participants in those groups appear not to know ANYTHING about their RVs and the lack of an easy to use search function means that the same questions get asked over and over again, day after day.

Yesterday, I couldn't help but laugh at a comment posted in a thread about toilets that went something like "We didn't know that we could put water in the toilet bowl by lifting up (or pushing down) on the pedal. We've been using the shower to put water in the bowl for the past six months!"
Sandie & Joel (RVParkReviews admin)
2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton CAT C-12
Follow us at http://www.facebook.com/WeissTravels.net
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #23
Freightliner Owners Club
Although it may be the same old question, every now and then there is a new and effective solution. (Another Ah-ha moment). A response to Deja Vue is only a click away.
I would encourage asking the question.
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Often each poster has a different experience level and the answer may change a bit whether its wording or method. Technology could change a bit as well or a better product for the job. What would we all do without having post to read and questions to answer. Wait a minute!.............I think ive answered this particular question at least twice before!!!!!
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Wait a minute!.............I think ive answered this particular question at least twice before!!!!!

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #26
I've tried to search for a particular thing and so much irrelevant information has to be read and weeded through that I don't bother anymore. We all know how a post can quickly get off-topic or political. Why wade through all that stuff?

People want an instant answer to their unique problem.

I don't mind at all giving my comments....over and over again. There are many new folks out there and I feel the forums are meant for sharing ideas, not for searching.

New RV systems, RV models, new RV parks, new ways to do things, etc. are what people are interested in, not old stuff.

It really turns me off when a new poster asks a question and is immediately told to search for it. What a welcome he has received!!

Like others stated, if you don't want to contribute or read then don't, but don't admonish the poster or those that choose to answer. The purpose of these forums are for questions and answers.
Full-timed for 16 Years
. . . Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #27
Tiffin Owners Club
If everyone used the search and didn't ask some of the same questions over and over you would not have had much to read for the last two years.
dabrooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #28
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by stik View Post
.......Was it Freud who said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?
Nope it was Einstein.

" Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote