Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #15

Don't confuse what a cetified mechanic makes out in the shop. I will assure you they are not making $12 an hour. CW hourly rate is for the retail employees.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Don't confuse what a cetified mechanic makes out in the shop. I will assure you they are not making $12 an hour. CW hourly rate is for the retail employees.

Yes!
Had great service from CW Swedeford NJ. 11 years apart. Same tech.
$120 is the fully burdened labor rate (another financial spreadsheet item). Shop costs are a separate part of the P&L from the retail operation, that includes all labor and admin overhead, etc.

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I agree Joe! I just hope they can do it without increasing prices! They were high enough already!
I've found CW prices quite competitive, even with Amazon. Recently purchased a Winegard Pathway X2 Satellite dish & Receiver and CW had the lowest price, Plus I could just pick it up locally with no shipping or waiting.
BigD629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sometimes paying a little more will help a biz get and keep better quality low skilled workers.

If you are a low skilled worker the best advice is to try and learn every skill you can where you work and work your way up. If you do as little as you can get away with, you will get away with little.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
More and more companies like Wal*Mart where half the workers are getting food stamps are loosing business.. While other companies which pay better are earning profit hand over fist,,, And the other businesses are NOT gouging the customer (higher prices)

What is happening is they get a higher class of applicant, they get employess who care more about the job and thus do a better job, and less warranty return and liability issues... I mean,,, Walk through a store and slip on a puddle of something some minimum wage janitor has not yet gotten around to cleaning up and the store will .....

Well let's just say giving everyone in teh store a 3.00/hr raise would have been less expensive.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hi All,
I know CW is higher on some things but,I also know they are taking over other RV stores.They just turned DANDY RV sales and service in Oxford/Anniston,Al. into a CW.Good Luck and Safe Travels.
papaw.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #21

Remember these are most likely under 30 hour a week workers else Obama care becomes relevant. I'm sure they have over 50 employees.

I dont think anyone expects a sub 30 hour a week job to support a family. Now if one works hard and has two sub 30 hour jobs its not so bad.

For example...

So more of a $17,836.00 per year worker @28hrs per week. 2 part time jobs at 56 hrs a week is definitely a living wage $35,672.00

2 worker family's will make either $53,508.00 ((56 + 28) - 84 hrs week ) or (112 hr week (56+56)) $71,344. Not bad for a $12.25 wage. Yes its lots of hours but I own my own business and put in 60-70 hour weeks all the time.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
Remember these are most likely under 30 hour a week workers else Obama care becomes relevant. I'm sure they have over 50 employees.

I dont think anyone expects a sub 30 hour a week job to support a family. Now if one works hard and has two sub 30 hour jobs its not so bad.

For example...

So more of a $17,836.00 per year worker @28hrs per week. 2 part time jobs at 56 hrs a week is definitely a living wage $35,672.00

2 worker family's will make either $53,508.00 ((56 + 28) - 84 hrs week ) or (112 hr week (56+56)) $71,344. Not bad for a $12.25 wage. Yes its lots of hours but I own my own business and put in 60-70 hour weeks all the time.

56 hours? I was salaried and did about 80. No wonder my check looked so small.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:40 AM   #23

Maybe I'm missing something but aren't they just getting ahead of the minimum wage increase law? I have worked for a number of fortune 500 companies and never once did anyone of them do something out of the goodness of their heart to directly benefit me.
Companies are in business to turn a profit. Period. I was always paid a decent wage and had benefits and understood that the company always came first and my livelihood was secondary to them.

You can give an employee a $3 a hour raise if you are going to trim their hours by 10 or more a week in order to circumvent Obamacare and it's still a profit making equation for the company.
The new healthcare boondoggle has many unintended consequences.