Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #1

How can I get my RV appraised?

I have a 2006 discovery 39L and on the renewal of my insurance I reallized that in case of a total lost they will only pay me up to $100,000.00, but my rv is worthway more then that so I called my insurance company and asked to increase my coverage and thay told me the only way to do that I would have to get it apraised and sent them a copy of the paper work and then they would be able to increase the coverage, also asked if they do a replacement coverage but they don't do it because of the age of the rv, I think they said the can only be done on almost new units two or three years old, if anyone knows where i can get this done please let me know, thanks Joe.
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #2

check out good sams rv ins. they pay replacement costs up to 5 yrs old. After that they pay you acquasition costs.
fletch460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninos View Post
I have a 2006 discovery 39L and on the renewal of my insurance I reallized that in case of a total lost they will only pay me up to $100,000.00, but my rv is worthway more then that so I called my insurance company and asked to increase my coverage and thay told me the only way to do that I would have to get it apraised and sent them a copy of the paper work and then they would be able to increase the coverage, also asked if they do a replacement coverage but they don't do it because of the age of the rv, I think they said the can only be done on almost new units two or three years old, if anyone knows where i can get this done please let me know, thanks Joe.
Sorry to burst your bubble in today's market I wouldn't think it would appraise much higher. When I purchased my coach I got a purchase price policy, even though the insurance has gone up I think I'll stick with Progressive just for that reason.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #4

You can go to NADA guides on line and select consumer guides and get a reasonable idea of the value of your coach some where around used wholesale/ trade in is what it's worth. Unfortunatey in todays world yours just like mine ain't worth what you think. Just an example a friend of mine bought a 2006 45' loaded Monaco Dynasty with 20k miles 2 years ago from a dealer for 150k.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I dopped Progressive because they would pay just 65k in case of a total loss. They said they would pay only acquisition cost, no matter how much it cost to replace it. I insured with Allstate for less money and the insured for any amount, as long as it was within the NADA guidelines. I got mine insured for 100k at less money than Progressive.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #6

An average 2006 Fleetwood Discovery model 39L is valued at $107,680. You should be able to buy coverage for that amount.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #7

thanks for the info everybody, I have to say I'm a little shocked I tought that my rv would be worth about $130,000.00 but I guess not, but I still would like to have it appraised does anyone know where I can get it done? Joe.
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninos View Post
thanks for the info everybody, I have to say I'm a little shocked I tought that my rv would be worth about $130,000.00 but I guess not, but I still would like to have it appraised does anyone know where I can get it done? Joe.
A dealer should be able to do that for you, just make sure you don't ask for trade in value
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #9

I use Gilbert RV insurance.
Www.gilbertrvinsurance.com
The brochure i wa given by my dealer said they could offer replacement value up to 8 model years ago. My actual insurance is through Nationwide whic of coarse makes me feel comfortable knowing it is thru a reputable company.
Got a better rate than with my current insurance company which didnt off full replacement
leenchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:41 AM   #10

I have in the past used outside appraisel services to look at coaches that I was interested in purchasing. You can find them in the Phone book, most of them do aircraft, boats, ect. , about $150.-300.00 depends how far they have to drive. They will give you a report on condition, value, any damage and general overall condition complete with photos.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote