Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
I know one thing for sure, DONT use anything scented. No perfumes, colognes, etc. Even things like lotion and some soaps have scent to them, they come after me 3 times to 1 when I don't wear cologne or put hand lotion on my arms and legs.

Avon has a product that naturally repels as well called Skin So Soft.

Doesn't kill, but it does help keep them from biting.

Good luck and let us know what worked best for you.
Me and my Dad had little issue with them in MN. Drove Mom and sisters nuts.
Old Spice.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #30

We fought them for years. Finally discovered Cutter Backyard Bug Control. It comes in about quart bottle that attaches to the end of a water hose. Just spray down the area around your camper and it keeps mosquitoes away for up to 7 days. We use it at home too. This stuff really works.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miljet View Post
We fought them for years. Finally discovered Cutter Backyard Bug Control. It comes in about quart bottle that attaches to the end of a water hose. Just spray down the area around your camper and it keeps mosquitoes away for up to 7 days. We use it at home too. This stuff really works.

Worth a try, thanks for the tip
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #32

I didn't read all the responses but we spray our door screen with Aroma Paws all natural repellant. It is an excellent mosquito repellant and we use it on ourselves and our dogs. There aren't any harmful chemicals in it. The spray is the second item down.

AROMA PAWS: Natural Bug Repellant Shampoo, Spray and Soy Candle

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Seed Oil, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Extracts of Apple Fruit, Lime Flower, Beet Root, Aloe Leaf, Chamomile Flower & Dandelion, Olive Oil & Sorbitol Surfactant, Citric Acid, & the Essential Oils of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Lavender, Lemongrass & Clove.
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #33

For the ones that get inside the coach i pull out the vacuum cleaner and suck them up. At night if you turn on one light they will congregate around it and you can clean house.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #34

Jayco Owners Club
Mosquito's are attracted by co2 AND herbivores. So just have your vegan friends over but put them at a different table.
AND sit next to a Marine (meat eaters and good protection from euphorian cognitivity).
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #35

12 gauge Remington pump shotgun loaded with #00 shells??
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Lived on a sailboat in the tropics for years. Grab a flash light, hand towel and go hunting! When they splatter hitting them with the towel use it to clean up. Not kidding!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaddinmad40 View Post
For the ones that get inside the coach i pull out the vacuum cleaner and suck them up. At night if you turn on one light they will congregate around it and you can clean house.
Suck those suckers up! I think that's a great idea, if one has power...

I've been reading a book about Western explorers, and this post reminded me of an observation they made about the utility of tepees for housing in mosquito country. Evidently the doorway/open top creates a draft strong enough that bugs that come in the front door are just "vacuumed" right out again through the top!

This solution might take a bit more remodeling of the rig than the O.P.'s prepared to do, though...
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote