Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
How do you set MH up supplies

Actually this is two parts 1. Do you keep a seperate set of clothes in the MH so you don't have to pack each time. (does not apply to FT) I try to keep a set in MH but have to do a major purge each trip for DW.
2 What is a good list of base grocery items to leave on board between trips so you don't have to restock each time.
thanks in advance. Happy New Year

gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #2

We travel about half a year continuous, and winter in a stick and brick. When we load the motorhome for our annual trip we load computers, some specialty work clothes and stuff for DW, perishable food, some second amendment stuff, and the dog. Regular clothing, non perishable foodstuffs, bedding, etc. is duplicated between the s/b and the rv.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #3

Simplify the loading process I believe is what your trying to accomplish. We RV 5-6 times a year and I've been trying to do the same thing with having clothes that remain in the HM by purchasing a few items from where ever we are vacationing and make those my RV clothes. As long as the DW does laundry at the RV parks, is workes great, if she waits till we get home, they seem to get mixed in with my regular clothes.
As far as food left in the RV, we take every thing out except maybe seasons & instant hot chocolate pakets. I like to make a menu and only take what were planning on eating, and keep the excess to a minimum.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
same here. we leave seasoning, and perhaps some canned goods but bring in the rest. We empty the MH of all clothes when finished. We bought our MH last May and spent a total of 40 days in it. We are heading out again Thursday for parts unknown and plan to be out for about 30 days.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
have a great trip
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
So far we tend to take it all out (clothes and food) We have found that if we don't the tendency is to make the wrong assumptions that the item was or was not where we expected and it wasn't! What we have found was that the loading process goes quickly as long as we keep at it.
I have some concern that food stuff and soft goods are a source for varmits and taking them all out or storing them in sealable hard containers is a must.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #7

We are fulltime now, but before that we had duplicates of most things. Just had to load food, PC and a few other things. We got it down to a list of what was NOT in the RV. Now, what we aint got we dont need

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #8

We don't full time, but we are prone to sudden and spurious departures. We enjoy that part of our lives very much these days. "Hey - Let's go (to) (visit) _____."

So, most of the year we have the coach packed with a set of general provisions (carefully determined by the master chef - Not Me), several changes of clothes for both with thought for current weather, the bedding, a full potable tank and empty holding tank. The reefer is cold on shore power. The fuel is always an open issue.

So, when the mood strikes, we take the "Going With" (a harness and leash off the hook) and when the dog stops gyrating long enough to hook her up, we depart. Sometimes I have to stop the mail and the paper after we are underway.

Matt
Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #9

Come spring time when we take the MH out of winter storage, the DW has several list of things that go back in the MH for the season. Yes we do keep cloths in there for the camping season. However they do get switched out as we get closer to hunting season as those are different. We restock the MH with food that stays in there for the season also. Soups, mac & cheese, canned good, dried fruit snack, seasonings that will be needed. No bread items as they can spoil too easy. Besides fresh bread is better. The frig is also loaded up in those items stay in there all season also. The MH is plugged in the shore power when it is not in use so everything stays cold. Also have extra shoes, and toys, for the girls ( our two labs) and plenty of food and snacks for the girls.
We never know when they will want to get up and go some place so the MH is ready all of the time. The only items that do not stay in the MH are weapons that we might want. Depending on where we go will determine what ones we take. Some places that we go to have great places to shoot safely and have fun.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dre View Post
So far we tend to take it all out (clothes and food) We have found that if we don't the tendency is to make the wrong assumptions that the item was or was not where we expected and it wasn't! What we have found was that the loading process goes quickly as long as we keep at it.
I have some concern that food stuff and soft goods are a source for varmits and taking them all out or storing them in sealable hard containers is a must.

^^ This. We take all food and clothes out before taking the moho back to storage, except for a couple of "emergency" jackets and some house slippers. I also strip the bed and remove all dirty linens to be washed, etc. I have an "RV stuff" area in the house, so everything that goes back into the RV before a trip is kept in that area. (This includes electronics, tire pressure monitors, GPS, etc. that we don't want to get stolen if our RV is broken into in storage.) I do leave all bathroom toiletries in the moho, though.

Since we have a toad, loading food is kept simple because we can go to the grocery store after setting up in a campground if necessary. We have it down to a routine.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #11

have linens, pots, dishes, etc all for TT, load food when we leave. Advantage to Wal Mart over nighting, it's convenient to shop for items needed for complete supplies. Leaving tomorrow 1/2/2012 for 3 months NJ to Florida to Texas to Ariz and them back home
Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #12

I don't have a MH but I have a TT. I'm just a weekend camper so I have some clothes in the camper full time but, I usually grab a garbage bag of clothes when I go out for the weekends. I leave all my canned supplies in there all summer but, I have them in a tote so I can bring them in over the winter. (I left them in there one winter and the next spring they were still eatable but, things like the green beans had all turned to mush and it was like baby food) In the summer I start the fridge Thursday morning before I'm going to leave. Then after work Thursday evening I stock the fridge with the perishable items that way after work on Friday I'm ready to hook up and go.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #13

I just looked in my tote and I have Bar Be Que sauce, 2-cream of mushroom soup, 2- chicken noodle soup, 2-green beans, 2- corn, Sugar -Salt-Peeper, 3-Hormel completes, popcorn, steak sauce, 3-cans mushrooms, noodles, gram crackers, marshmallows, ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, Dinty More scalloped potatoes in a little microwaveable cup, 1-canned potatoes,hot chocolate, coffee, and that's about it. Most of this stuff is for when it's raining and I have to cook inside. Other wise when I'm out camping I always look for, and hit up, the local farmers markets and buy fresh vegetables. The meat I bring from home in the fridge when I leave for camping.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #14

Having the MH in the back yard and plugged in is a definate plus. The full size fridge has never been turned off so it is kept with the basics.
We do keep a separate set of clothes in the coach which always turns out to be way too many,especially when you have a washer and drier as well.
Can goods are always kept on board and rotated but most food is brought on based on the trip and the length of time to be gone. We live in Florida and with storms we keep the coach pretty well stocked, full of fuel for quick exits.