Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
Jayco Owners Club
How do you share photos?

...share pictures etc. with stay-at-home friends while you're on an extended trip without "advertising" that you're gone? In anticipation of someday taking a multi-week trip to "far-away places," I've been looking into how sharing might be accomplished safely.

I know one certainly doesn't want to post on a wide-open forum like Facebook for all the world to see, as one doesn't want to do a "Hey, I'm not home" broadcast to the world. I could wait until getting back and post everything at once, but some friends are genuinely interested in the travel as it occurs. So, I thought I'd ask y'all: how do you handle it? Secured-access blog or Website? Emails only? _______??

Thanks for your ideas!

Larry and Nancy
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
2013 GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab toad
LandN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
LANDN....you can create a photo bucket on Google or another service and just share that out to the people you want to see your photos. Only those privileged can see your posted items.

Craig Gosselin
1994 Fleetwood 33H
1995 Fleetwood 30H (parts vehicle)
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Coastal Campers
Thor Four Winds 22e
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
If the photos were taken on your smartphone you can send them directly to their smartphones!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

We used FaceBook and didn't worry about advertising we were gone. Then we went full time and were never "gone" because we were always here.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Set up a free photo sharing account such as Photobucket, upload your pics, then email the URL (link) to those you want to share with.
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
When we did a blog ... or at least the last time I updated it ... I would post where we were AFTER we had left the area along with pictures. We did NOT advertise on the blog where we were going just where we had been. We called family and friends on the phone or emailed them or private messaged them on Facebook if we were going to be in their area to see if they wanted to get together but the blog was NOT updated till after.
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife and I generally post to Facebook and other places after we return. No need to rub it in how great a time we are having while they're working ;-)
Ray and Maria
Lincoln CA
Our iRV2 Gallery & Family Photo's link
rdrv831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:17 AM   #9
Being as you are already home. Post them a week late. Monday + 7 days, Tuesday.....
You are home and your pictures show up day by day, let's you relive it once while it is still fresh in your memory.
2015 F350 Lariat Diesel Dually, White, Hitch Kit.
2013 Dutchman Voltage 3200 Epic II 5th wheel.
BCooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:00 AM   #10
I set up a group in my e-mail program and send out 3-4 picures once or twice a week. I try to include something interesting I saw about the place and a link or 2 to the area.
Jim and Darlene Wright
plus Ryder, the Ethiopian
monkeybeaver dog
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #11
Thor Owners Club
Check out mytripjournal.com.........DW and I have used it for the last couple of years and its worked well.....You can load pictures and written daily entries. As well folks that you invite can follow your progress on a map....Every time you complete a new journal entry it sends an alert email to folks on your allowed list that advise them there is a new entry.....very cool. I'm not a whiz at stuff like this and I didn't find it too hard to setup or start....
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #12
We just started using google plus and using facebook less. You can have better control of who can see your pics.
2013 Salem Cruise Lite 221RBxl
06 GMC
CanadianCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:02 PM   #13
Jayco Owners Club
Thanks for the responses: a number of different ways to do it. Some I'd thought about before, but several were brand new to me. Looks like I need to do some more research, and maybe try a couple of different ways to see what works best.

Again, many thanks!
Larry and Nancy
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
2013 GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab toad
LandN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Dropbox! It's free (2GB storage); create folder, send email to friends, upload photos to your dropbox folder on your computer and it will subsequently upload the photos to the on-line dropbox for your friends to access!

Ken & Anita
2011 Newmar Essex, 45'- 4522, Cummins 500 ISM, 2013 CRV, RVI2 Brake with TPMS
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote