Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2016, 07:31 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottandanna View Post
Thanks! Cuz I would hate to haul all 75' along with me if I will never use it.
Sometimes having too much is better than not enough. We have been in a couple of state parks that the adjacent sites water supply was shared on the same post between them. That meant it was on the wrong side for one site and a ways away. Having a couple extra was better than having to find a store to buy a drinking water safe hose.

We also have many times driven nose in into sites on waterfront for the view so extra hose and electric cord were a must.

To stay on topic One spare is coiled up with the ends connected right now.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2016, 09:30 AM   #44

I mentioned this in my earlier post. But for those wanting to have extra hose for those times when you need a bit more footage, this has worked well for us. Packs well, as I slide it next to the plastic cabinet drawers we stow our other plumbing supply in. I coil our bigger primary hose, connect the ends, use a twisty to hold the coil, and it rides in on top of those cabinets quite well. Our two drawer cabinets has the lower cabinet holding extra RG6 cable, and related other dog bones and power pole related connectors. The second drawer holds our single Stinky Slinky (Also drained, and then connected together.). For longer runs on the Stinky side of hoses, we have two more 10' lengths available behind the cabinet drawers. Maybe need to use them 20-30% of the time, usually when we're pulling in on the opposite side of the connections, to maximize either the view, or avoid full exposure of the windscreen in very hot areas.

Robot Check

Caution: It says 50' in the heading, but it is really a 25', as pictured on the product.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:33 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRR View Post
Before all of that I make sure the tap water is blessed good by the dog. If a thirsty critter won’t drink the water. Then getting used to it is not on my addenda.
Dogs eat poop. I am not sure that using them as your gauge is the way to go.
BrokeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:16 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
I drain mine out good, coil it up by hand, connect the two ends together, store in bay next to wet bay.
Been doing the same thing for years. Just run water through it before I connect to RV.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
I drain mine out good, coil it up by hand, connect the two ends together, store in bay next to wet bay.
I don't keep my water hose in the wet bay, that's where I keep my sewer hoses.

There's an old thing about not mixing meat and dairy or something like that.

I don't mix waste and fresh water. I wish coach manufacturers wouldn't put the fresh water inlet next to the sewer dump.
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:02 AM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
I don't keep my water hose in the wet bay, that's where I keep my sewer hoses.

There's an old thing about not mixing meat and dairy or something like that.

I don't mix waste and fresh water. I wish coach manufacturers wouldn't put the fresh water inlet next to the sewer dump.
Our wet bay is divided. Sewer hook ups on the right, fresh water on the left. The divider doesn't go all the way to the top so I can only get one hose and our filter in the fresh water side. The automatic reel is installed on the far side of it from the sewer. The other hoses go in another compartment.

It does seem like completely separate compartments would be a good idea.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel, water