Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #57

Foam cannon $30 - 50. Concentrate from Chemical Brothers $18 and a commercial grade car wash brush $40 I already have a pressure washer,. Electric ones vary in price from about $100 up.
dan680fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Blue Beacon!
Then we dirty it again
Hello CampDaven,
How do you like the Blue Beacon?
Do they get it clean & spot free?
thank you

Regards

Mike
2017 Thor
Gemini
on safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #59

Washing your coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
$500-$700 is expensive bucket and soap, add wax and electric polisher might make $100.
I use a product called "Beast Wash". It is offered by a company called Wade Maid. It is specifically formulated for RV's. It is even great for cleaning Black Streaks from awning arm drips if you use it full strength on a sponge:dance. It is sold by the Gallon. Approx. $37.00 Each.
Just go on line and type in Beast Wash and it will take you to their link. It is the best investment I have made for cleaning my coach.

rjoney55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:43 PM   #60

Location: Mostly traveling. Several months spent on the Oregon Coast.
The best soap I have found is Dometic Wash and Wax in a blue bottle. Melts off dirt and bugs and leaves a streak free finish.
Clint11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #61

Stolen from another forum, but this made me pee a little:

Just had my wife wax the 5'er with McGuires RV/Marine wax,and it took her all day to do the job, she does an exellent job and McGuires makes the rig shine. She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of trailer maintenance as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and there’s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished washing and waxing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. I’m a fair man. I just told her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and watch the Hockey Game with me for a few minutes. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. I’m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:20 PM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
The way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Blue Beacon!
Then we dirty it again
I do the same thing, for under $60 I even get my towed SUV
RCouttolenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #63

Rv wash= hand wash

My husband and I like to wash our RV in the rain so it gets that extra rinse due to our hard water and it turns out beautiful
Shakeyncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeyncat View Post
My husband and I like to wash our RV in the rain so it gets that extra rinse due to our hard water and it turns out beautiful

I've washed my cars in the rain or right before a storm hits for the same reason, no spots.

Neighbors think I'm crazy..."Look at that old coot out there in the rain washing his car."
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:03 AM   #65

Blue beacon truck wash

OK full disclosure I haven’t used Blue Beacon yet as there isn’t one close to me however the guy that I got my coach from would take the coach there & told me that they were a good deal, I guess I was wrong about the price as well, I like $45 much better?
It seems that by the road grime coating the roof of mine that you should clean the roof if you want it done well before using blue beacon & the coating should protect the surfaces between waxings.
I posted about using wax & paint thinner to really get my fiberglass roof clean & then I intend to use the truck wash as a maintenance facility to keep things clean & protected between waxings, I like to keep mine in good order.
tropically is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #66

Actually I’ve heard that washing & waxing your coach is the modern equivalence of a rain dance?
tropically is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:18 AM   #67

With a $99 dollar power washer using 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 Dawn dish soap, soap down one side at a time do the necessary scrubbing if needed, Windshield and front always, that protect shield on the front is hard to clean. Rinse really good.
valland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:52 AM   #68

I am somewhat of an amateur detailer for all my cars and classA. I have found the easiest method is 1. Remove any wax and apply KLASSE which is a German sealant. It is put on very thin. If your rig is in rough shape apply KLASSE polish first to remove swirls and old wax and oxidation. Both are easy to apply. Will last a year. Excellent UV protection. Washing: I use a foam gun with a pressure washer. Use a non waxing, high foaming, water repellant soap like RainX or the Chemical Boys make one. Wash wheels first. Let the foam work for 5 minutes and spray off. You can then use a lawnblower to blow off the water. This technique you never touch the finish of the motorhome avoid scratches. It is quick and easy.
gtbdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:59 AM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onholdguy View Post
How is blue beacon. Any good. There is one near me an it is 45 dollars including rain ex treatment and they said they use deionized water. Thinking about going
Blue beacon is good. Sometimes the wait in line can be long. They use high-pressure hoses so you may discover window leaks you didn't know you had. Also, after the wash, you want to be sure to walk around with the manager to make sure they got everything. Tipping is optional, but I usually do tip using restaurant rates.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:04 AM   #70

If our older 37' Holiday rambler is really dirty Ill fire up my pressure washer to get any built up dirt off. The pressure washer is a powerful unit so I throttle it back so as to not to create any damage. I like "Amorall" brand automotive cleaner in a bucket with a brush / extension pole. It contains wax and seems to be a good product. Were not full timers so cleaning on the road never happens.
Harris
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote