Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #1

How is your iRV33/66 receiver hooked up to your TV?

I swapped TVs out for a larger unit, that is "smart" so we could pick up internet directly through the TV, and now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to correctly hook it back up to our iRV33 receiver!

This is a very popular unit that comes with many RVs and trailers. So someone out there has to know how to wire it to the TV so we have sound, picture, and the DVD player works.

Currently, DVD player works fine, but no sound for TV and cable

Tried to find a wiring diagram on the internet, and failed...

All I need to know is, where do the wire(s) come out of the back of the receiver, and into the back of the TV.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Take a look at this website:

iRV iRV33 Manual | Bob's Manuals

It may have what you are looking for.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:31 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
If your TV has digital audio connection(s) (optical or coax) connect that with the proper cable to the optical/coax connection on the iRV33.

If your TV doesn't have digital audio, but has red and white RCA connectors, connect the proper cable from those to the TVAVIN-L (white) and TVAVIN-R (red) on the iRV33.

To get to theses connections on the iRV33, you must remove the unit from its cabinet.

Rick
Rjhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjhuser View Post
If your TV has digital audio connection(s) (optical or coax) connect that with the proper cable to the optical/coax connection on the iRV33.

If your TV doesn't have digital audio, but has red and white RCA connectors, connect the proper cable from those to the TVAVIN-L (white) and TVAVIN-R (red) on the iRV33.

To get to theses connections on the iRV33, you must remove the unit from its cabinet.

Rick
Yeah, it has been hanging from the hole for a couple weeks now. I won't screw it back in until it works correctly.

the problem I am having is the RCA from TV to the back of the iRV33 doesn't bring any sound to the speakers. Only when DVD is playing, which makes be believe it is wired correctly. When playing DVDs, everything works like it should. Then pop the disk out,and no sound from the TV.

I will buy another wire tomorrow, that has RCA at one end, and 1/8 aux plug at the other. Crutchfield guy says that should work.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c92vette View Post
Take a look at this website:

iRV iRV33 Manual | Bob's Manuals

It may have what you are looking for.
I have this in paper format, and on pdf format, and nowhere does it tell you "run a wire from xxx at the back of the receiver, to yyy on the back of the TV...etc" Which is why I posted this question on here.

I cannot find anyone who can tell me "run a hdmi/rca from the back of the tv at the xxx holes, to the back of the iRV33 to the yyy hole"
Old 02-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
What you probably have now with the RCA cable is from the output of the iRV33 to the input of the TV.

You need another RCA cable from the output of the TV to the inputs oh the iRV33 that I referenced. Then the iRV33 was be set to TV to get the sound to the speakers.

Rick
Rjhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:27 PM   #7

Finally figured it out. The DVD player goes through HDMI and the TV sound goes through RCA-to-1/8" aux plug into headphone jack in the back of the TV.

Then my sound bar goes RCA both ends.

Everything is working now. Only cost me $6 for the RCA-to-1/8 wire.