Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2019, 10:58 AM   #15

As long as it takes.

Seriously, everyone is different. One things fot sure...the more you do it, the faster you'll get at it! No biggy!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2019, 10:59 AM   #16

This brings me back to traveling with another couple last year. We were in the 35 foot class A. They towed a tiny Casita camper. It would take them over an hour (arguments included). We would push a button to retract the slide, push a button to retract the levelers, and roll up the cord. Two trips around the coach to inspect and we're ready. About 10 minutes. Then spent 50 minutes listening to them argue about who was supposed to do what. We tried to help but learned that it was just their way to start the day.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #17

Foretravel Owners Club
15/20 minutes if toad left hooked up, 20/25 minutes if not.(Roadmaster Sterling)
ADD 30 minutes if dumping & flushing tanks and refilling fresh water (LARGE tanks)

Stinky-slinky & water only hooked up if actively dumping and filling the fresh tank.
power reels for electrical cord & fresh water hose

single slide.. HWH, turn a key, push & hold a button,turn key off when done.

three buttons to turn off and store the dish
Hold two rocker switches to raise front shades

chairs,patio mat & outdoor use stuff.. go in the basement storage.
Fire off the engine and tap button to have air leveling return to travel mode.

Giddy Up
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
We put up the outdoor things like chairs and rug the night before we leave. No reason in leaving them out unused to potentially get wet. We fill up our water tank the night before, if needed (always travel with at least half full, generally full), and dump so those hoses are put up. The morning we leave, we move a few things inside like a moveable chair, turn the passenger seat around, make sure everything is put up, then bring in slides. Takes maybe 10 minutes. Outside DH disconects electrical and connects the toad. Also takes about 10 minutes, but is done concurrent with the inside work.

If we are just pulling through for the night, we can leave in 5 minutes, and we frequently do.
^^^^^^^^ This is what we did. The majority can be done at leisure the evening before. For one night we don't hook up water or sewer. When boondocking - the majority of time - it's super quick - 5 min. Everything can be done the night before. Press the button for the slides and we're off!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #19

It takes us 15 -20 mins max. Less if we're in a pull through and not unhooking for the night.
It will also depend on how much stuff you put out. Chairs, tables, rugs, coffee pot, knicknacks, picture frames, etc. If we've been somewhere for several weeks and I've really set up housekeeping, then it might take me a little longer to stash everything away, change out the trash, lock everything down, and let's roll!
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #20

I'm a NASCAR pit crew of 1 so it takes me longer to walk the dogs than setting up the RV at a campsite. If it's just overnight, electrical, water and leveling jacks down and slides out. May takes 10 minutes. Consistently, the biggest time consumer is getting the hose connected to the campsite water bib. I know, "lefty loosey/righty-tighty". I claim it's bad threads on the water bib.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:27 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

20-30 minutes in most cases.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #22

5th wheel

Within 30 minutes after parking WE are sitting under the awning having an adult beverage

Travel day.......45 minutes before we are ready to pull away.

Double team walk around inside/outside adds the extra 10 minutes

All bets off if ANYONE stops by......then I start all over again
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:33 PM   #23

Set up, probably 10-15 minutes once unhooked from the TV.
Packing, usually 15-20.
Like most people, we put up what we can the last night. Pammi likes to give everything a good scrubbing before we leave, and I have to wait for her to get done before I can unhook the water and sewage.
Once we start full timing, it'll probably take a little longer to pack it up, because we'll have been in a place longer and more stuff to pack. Plus. it'll be a bigger TT.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:56 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Set up about 15 min.
Breaking camp 15 without hooking up the toad and up to 30 min with the toad. Usually the night before i will store all the chairs, mats, BBQ and such which makes the breakdown much faster.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Depends.

If it is just an overnight stop. If hookups are available and needed. Etc. 5-10 minutes if a overnight stop without disconnecting the toad and no power or just power needed.

About 30 minutes if full setup for a few days. Chairs and outdoor carpet deployed, FHU connections, etc. I try to minimize stuff to handle.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #26

You need to shell out some cash for a better bike rack!
JerryTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #27

Three beers! Unhook toad and back into spot. Get first beer and walk around MH looking for anything that might get in the way, put pads under jacks, and hook up power and water. Go back inside and throw empty bottle away and hit auto level. Get second beer while air is dumping and jacks go down. Put slides out, turn on water heater, and satellite. Throw second bottle away and get third, go outside and get chairs from basement, sit down and admire my work as I finish third beer. Technically that is 2.5 beers but I always round up to the nearest beer. A chatty neighbor can add .5 to 1 beer to the equation.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
Three beers! Unhook toad and back into spot. Get first beer and walk around MH looking for anything that might get in the way, put pads under jacks, and hook up power and water. Go back inside and throw empty bottle away and hit auto level. Get second beer while air is dumping and jacks go down. Put slides out, turn on water heater, and satellite. Throw second bottle away and get third, go outside and get chairs from basement, sit down and admire my work as I finish third beer. Technically that is 2.5 beers but I always round up to the nearest beer. A chatty neighbor can add .5 to 1 beer to the equation.

Measured in beers......now I understand. Love it!!!
bobmar is offline   Reply With Quote