Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2015, 05:29 PM   #1

How long for a new windshield?

We picked up a rock that cracked our windshield and it is beyond repair and requires replacement, so we filed a claim. Our insurance co. contracts with a company that handles all its glass claims and they were very responsive, at first. I've called the claims rep three times and the rep acts like it is so difficult to arrange the repair. It is now the 8th day and I had to call 3 times now only to find they have located a windshield in California and will ship it to Texas for installation. The installer is supposed to call us and set an appointment once they get the glass. If we are lucky, it will be replaced in another week. We drove to San Antonio, so it's not like we are in no-man's land.

Is this normal?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I think it took about 2 weeks for ours to get replaced. My insurance company subcontracted to Duncan Systems. They had to source and ship in a windshield to a local installer that was contracted by Duncan. They did not do a good job and had to contact Duncan Systems to repair, fortunately we were in Florida near one of their warehouses, we went there and the reset the windshield. They did a good job on the reset and didn't charge a thing, their representative was great.

Good Luck
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:41 PM   #3

Sounds normal for odd glass.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #4

Duncan is having mine replaced next week. It has taken about 2 weeks from when I filed the claim.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #5

Duncan recently replaced our windshield. The moved quickly once we identified the proper windshield for our coach. We went to Elkhart, IN, and had them do the install. First class work and first class people. They were very detail oriented and did a fantastic job.
OB-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:46 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Had one replaced on my airex drove it to Lancaster to the factory done next day
rollingslow is offline   Reply With Quote