Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #1

Question how long is too long?

We bought a new to us (2008 Left Over) pop up at the camping show. We paid for it in cash and now are waiting for the paperwork to register it. The company who sold it to us is from out of state. They have a good reputation but we seem to be waiting an awful long time for the paperwork to come through. When I call them thay state that they are waiting for the Certificate of Origin to arrive from the Manufacturer and that it should be in any time. How long should this take a week maybe 2 but we are oushing a month now. It is still a little cold for camping in it (according to my DW) but I am antsy to get it registered and on the road. Any thoughts?
Monster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Usually the certificate of origin is delivered to dealers at the time the RV is delivered. You might contact the manufacturer and find out from them if the certificate has been sent to the dealer they sold the coach to and who that is. You might find out that one dealer took possession from another to explain the delay.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #3

thanks I might try that if it doesn't show up sometime this week. I am itchin to get going
Old 03-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Fire, RV Wizard is correct the MSO should have been delivered with the unit. This doesn't sound right to me, I would ask them why they don't have it. Hopefully they have only sold this unit to one person and that is you!
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:59 AM   #5
JVJ

The above statements are true, but with exceptions. If the dealership carries his floorplan (inventory dollars) with a financial institutuion (bank or money lender) they will hold the MSO just as they would hold the a title for their protection. It can take on average 21 to 30 days to process the paperwork and receive the MSO, this is not unusual, matter of fact more the norm. It is also no unusual that if you paid cash up front the dealer may not have processed the paperwork and payment ASAP. Some dealerships will try to hold the cash in their bank account as long as possible to allow of other overhead expenditures and operating cost associated with doing business....again another standard business practice.
Over all, you said it was a reputible well know dealership, I wouldn't worry about there being a problem. If your temporary license tax exprires they can provide you with a new temp tag. Check with your local DMV as far as paying TT&L or getting an extension, before the delay can cause any penalties and or intrest due to the state for not being paid with in the allowed time frame.
Enjoy your new camper.
JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #6

I wish I could do a temporary tag. But in Mass unless the dealer goes to the RMV with their paperwork we are canoeing upstream without the paddle. Since this dealer is from out of state it is even harder. I will give them the rest of this week and then I will maybe try calling the manufacturer and see what is happening. If all else fails the AG may be able to help. I don't want to go that far but I spent my good $$ and Now with the issues at the RMV I would like the paperwork so I can spend the eons in line to get it on the road.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #7

Contact the manufacturer, see what they have to say, G
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MSO

I worked at a marine dealership for a while after I retired. In SC we got the MSO when we got the boat. When we sold a boat we sent the MSO to the department of Natural Resources and they would create a title and send it to the owner or if there was a lien to the lien holder. Again the dealership got the MSO from the manufacturer when the boat was delivered to the dealership.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #9

hooray!!!!! I finally got the last piece of paperwork today I went down to the RMV and registered the camper and tomorrow we pick it up. They said the delay was that I neglected to send them proof of insurance Well they have got that now and tomorrow it won't matter. It is supposed to pour tomorrow but I don't care I am getting this thing home if I have to put sails on it and float it home. Trips already booked and more being planned. See ya out there.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #10

Now you can go to the place in your Avatar. Have a good time.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #11

yup been there! and it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.