Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #15

I personally work on a lot of refrigerator's, a very common issue is the unit comes in and won’t light on gas. So you fix that issue, but just because it lights doesn't mean it's going to cool, if the cooling unit is bad.

I don't think demanding a new refrigerator is in order, but I do think they should do whatever it takes to repair your refer. If this was at my shop I would do whatever worked for you, I would have the coach picked up & returned or give you a lift home or cab fair. Regardless of what we came up with I know what a pain all this is and would try to make it as painless as possible and as quick as possible. Stuff happens....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had somewhat of the same problem. When we went to purchase our RV, and after two years of research, we decided to buy a Fleetwood Bounder from Emerald Coast RV in Dothan, Alabama. We are only 90 minutes from the coast of Florida.
In the time that we bought our Bounder Camping World bought out Emerald Coast. We had a couple issues, and major problem. It took three trips to EC/CW RV to get our shower stall repaired. It had come completely loose at the bottom. The office staff had started referring to our unit as the shower from hell.
All three trips to the dealer, there was a new service manager each trip. We are talking weeks here, people. Finally the shower stall had to be modified, and Fleetwood had to get involved to insure this would not cost us any money.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #17

When I bought my Breeze in June, it was missing a rear beauty ring and the tire valve extenders. Mary kept saying: "As is" I finally told her to shut up, they were items that were expected to be included, even on a used vehicle. They ordered them. No charge.

I think a working fridge should have been verified in the pre-delivery inspection.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #18

UPDATE ______ I picked our coach up this morning and spoke with the service manager. He explained what they replaced, said he had the unit running all day yesterday and mentioned that it was still running now as I had requested. Sure enough, the freezer and refrig are running well.

Thanks to everyone for their comments/suggestions. I tried to be professional and courteous while still expressing my displeasure in it taking 4 times to get the issue corrected. Ultimately the problem was corrected and they will keep earning my business in the future. Hopefully not for a refrig anytime soon!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #19

Did they tell you what the fix was?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #20

Yea ... they replaced the LP regulator and a baffle in the burner tube.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetnBusy View Post
UPDATE ______ I picked our coach up this morning and spoke with the service manager. He explained what they replaced, said he had the unit running all day yesterday and mentioned that it was still running now as I had requested. Sure enough, the freezer and refrig are running well.

Thanks to everyone for their comments/suggestions. I tried to be professional and courteous while still expressing my displeasure in it taking 4 times to get the issue corrected. Ultimately the problem was corrected and they will keep earning my business in the future. Hopefully not for a refrig anytime soon!
Congrats and hope things 'run' good for you from here out. Happy camping!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #22

Welcome to the world of RV warrenty repairs. Sorry for all your problems. About the only option you have is to keep swinging at them. As the other Poster said make them show you it is running on gas(show you the flame in the back of the ref) it takes about 5min to look at it, then turn it off and back on, on gas to see if it relites. If it's not working ask to see the general manager and try to get it worked out. Good luck getting your transportation $$ back. Sadly I doubt Lazy Days really cares about repete customers after all how often do you buy a M/H, they have a new crop of victims walk in the door every day. Just so you know I have a friend with an 08 Winne, that has ref problems since new it has a Norcold (never cold) as well, same issues diffrent dealer.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If you are a Good Sam member contact them. I read their consume affair stories every month and they seem ti have a good track record of resolving issue just like this.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
CHEAP ADVISE (10 cents please)

This is exactly why I do my own repairs where possible. I had the same problem with my Dometic and was charged 80 dollars for NOTHING. I took my coach to a ''local yokel'' dealership and let ''Goober'' mess with it for a day and the flamin thing still would not run on gas. Their ''tech'' was smarter than any door knob I have ever seen and when I went back to get the coach I talked to him for about five minutes. It took about three minutes to figure out that he was a ''parts thrower''. (this means he would simply throw parts at something and hope that fixed it)
I read everything I could find about refrigerators and all the ''small appliances'' on my coach. Now I repair my own furnace, refrigerator, water heater and small appliance on the coach and I almost never let anyone else touch anything on the coach unless it is changing a tire and I can do that now because I carry an air compressor and an impact gun.
Check the following yourself....
MAKE SURE THE COACH IS LEVEL AND I MEAN ''DEAD LEVEL''....
Remove the outside cover on the back of the refrigerator. There will be a metal panel with one or two screws in the panel. Remove the screws and remove the panel. there may be a '' wind shield'' inside that panel to help protect the ''gas flame'' while the unit runs, when you are traveling down the road. It should be a ''lift off'' with no screws in it. Have your DW turn on the unit and set the control on GAS. In the day time it may be hard to see the ''blue flame'' burning but you should be able to hear it. The ''blue flame'' will be under a ''chimney'' looking devise that is round and full of insulation with a hole up thru it. If you do not see a flame or hear a flame, recycle the start sequence and try again. If everything is working you should hear the serlonid ''click'' when it turns on the gas for the burner and you should hear and see the igniter clicking a spark against the side of the burner to light the gas.
If the unit will cool on AC it should cool on gas if the burner is operating properly.
If you are getting a ''ignition'' and a ''flame'' and it still will not cool the only other problem is the gas jet and or the burner its self. The unit requires the ammonia to be heated to about 500 degrees in the ''boiler'' for the unit to work. If the burner is lighting and working you may have a gas jet that is partally clogged up and can be easily cleaned by removal and soaking in alcahol for a few hours and then ''swobbed out with a "Q" tip and replaced. NEVER PUT ANY KIND OF WIRE IN THAT GAS JET TO CLEAN IT OUT.
CAUTION...... If you are un familar with the gas jet DO NOT WORK ON IT AS YOU CAN GET INTO SERIOUS TROUBLE WITH A LEAK IN THAT AREA.

One more word to the wise as I see it.
Read everything you can about your appliances in your unit.
Learn everything you can about your appliances in your unit.
Watch and learn when someone works on your appliances in your unit.
Take notes and use your video camera while you ''watch'' someone else do your work if possible.
Here is the good news and the bad news.
You, like everyone else have bought a ''rolling piece of junk'' that you have invested a fortune into. This is true regardless of the brand or type or size of unit you have bought unless it is a Mule and a surpless army pup tent. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS THAT ARE A REAL PAIN IN THE A$$ AND THEY WILL COST YOU A FORTUNE IF YOU DEPEND ON ''GOOBER'' TO FIX THEM FOR YOU.
WATCH, READ, LEARN AND LISTEN AND IT WILL SAVE YOU A FORTUNE. Most ''tech'' people are someones brother in law that lost his job as a cab driver and was put to work as a Technition and they are going to charge you from 80 to 160 DOLLARS PER HOUR for him to ''fumble with your coach'' and most companies dont give a ''hang'' about you because there is another ''sucker'' waiting for your spot in the repair shop anyway and you will eventually get worn out bring your coach back and waiting for ''Goober'' to throw some more parts at it and hoping it is ''fixed''. Just be glad you are not ''paying'' for their time now.
LOTS OF LUCK BROTHER....
God bless our troops and keep them safe.

ps. All this valuable information will cost you ten cents and you must pay me the next time you see me............ on the other hand IF IT DONT WORK FOR YOU..............I NEVER KNEW YOU............CJ........
Old 09-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #25

When the warranty runs out, I become my own warranty station. I've been working on mechanical, electrical, etc stuff for over 50 years. People have said of me: If Dunner can't fix it, it ain't broke.

I've been known to run my hand over a broken part, chant "Be Healed", and it miraculously was.

Now, if I could just heal this old worn out body.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #26

I would never buy from Lazy Days. I know many people who have bought high end motor homes, and yet to meet one that was happy with the service department. Also from the stories I've heard, I would not trust them.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #27

Not the first place I've heard bad about Lazy Days.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
LazyDays has a good reputation

They are one of, if not the largest RV dealer in the country.

I'm glad they took care of you. Sometimes, it takes patience and time to work things out.

Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote