Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #155

After 4+ years full time and many years part time, we met many people that asked the same question. There were also many that adamantly stated, “You don’t want one.” What we discovered is the folks that didn’t recommend them, had NEVER had them in an RV.
Unless you enjoy spending hours in a laundromat, and spending lots of money for often poor results, definitely go with a washer / dryer. Yes, small loads, but great results and the convenience is everything. You will still have the opportunity to try laundries upon occasion and compare for yourself.
I won’t buy an RV without them, and my wife totally agrees!
Cozlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2018, 10:29 PM   #156

One point that has been touched on is storage, but what we lost in storage we don't miss because we bring fewer clothes, since we can wash them. (At our convenience) We have a Haier one cu. ft. washer that takes up 18"x18"x34".

Liz
LetsGoEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:50 PM   #157

Outdoors RV Owners Club
0 interest. That's my closet in the fifth wheel. Don't want the weight. I don't mind going to the laundromat. Take a book, 2 hours, done!
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:45 AM   #158

While all the negatives have degrees of merit, you'll like one if your coach has room for it.

If one of the grandkids makes a mistake, a quick washing saves the day.

If sauce or wine get spilled onto some, a quick washing saves the day.

We don't use the washer/dryer on every trip (we aren't FT), but it's sure nice to have for when she thinks she wants to use it.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #159

Monaco Owners Club
I didn't think I wanted one, till I got one. The epitome of "Nice to Have". Mine only washes and dries a one set of clothes, the dryer is 120vac and takes a long time with bigger loads. If you wash an bigger load and use a drying rack, it's better.

Obviously, the whole time it's drying , it's sucking outside air into the coach, into the dryer and then out of the coach. If it's 110* outside, that's cooled air its pumping out, and 110* air is replacing it. The ACs are working overtime. If it's 28 outside, similar problem. Not so with the laundromat.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
While all the negatives have degrees of merit, you'll like one if your coach has room for it.

If one of the grandkids makes a mistake, a quick washing saves the day.

If sauce or wine get spilled onto some, a quick washing saves the day.

We don't use the washer/dryer on every trip (we aren't FT), but it's sure nice to have for when she thinks she wants to use it.

This isn’t entirely true . It may be true for you , but that doesn’t make it true for everyone .
Ours had room for one . Infact it had one , I removed it , we don’t miss it . In the passed year Of full timing I can’t think of one time that we wish we kept it .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #161

Love having W/D combo in MH. I do the wash and not having to use commercial machines that I have NO IDEA what was in them before I do a load takes a load off of my worrying mind.

Also have a 1/2 bath that is functional as a 1/2 bath or storage. A win-win scenario.
OldTryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:03 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
This isn’t entirely true . It may be true for you , but that doesn’t make it true for everyone .
Ours had room for one . Infact it had one , I removed it , we don’t miss it . In the passed year Of full timing I can’t think of one time that we wish we kept it .
You're right, of course, but only if you don't have sloppy guests and you don't spill anything on nice clothes...ever.

My bride and I are just normal folks, so I posted what our experiences have been.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post

We also started full timing in a fifth wheel that had a W/D which I removed caused it needed repair and didn't feel we needed one. A year later, I came across a deal on a combo and installed it. Now the wife say's she won't go w/o one again, in fact she is doing a load right now. The W/D really saved us at a volunteer gig on the SC coast where the nearest laundry mat was a hour drive away. If a CG has laundry facilities available, we usually opt to use theirs and save wear and tear on ours. It's nice to have options!
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote