Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
How often to change oil in Cat 330 diesel

Well as new owners of a Winnebago 2003 Journey with a 330 Cat and Allison transmission we would like to know the rules of when to change oil and do regular servicing. The previous owners were changing the oil every 3000 miles.
azstrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #2

I was changing my oil once a year, about 6000 miles. I had the oil analyzed at the end of last year and learned that the oil was good for at least another year. I will have it tested again this fall to see if I need to change it this year. Change the fuel filter about once a year and service the transmission every 30k miles with std type fluid, less often with synthetic fluids.
Happy Camping

2002 36GD Journey DL
Robert Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
We have a C-7, 330 in an '04 Newmar. The service people we use recommend every year or 5000 miles we replace oil and fuel filter and every year change filter and top off the Allison unless mileage exceeds 10,000.
Not to hijack this thread but they recommend Rotella T in C-7 and Onan.
Any Cat users out there with an opinion on Delo 400 or a synthetic vs Rotella T?
bigskymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #4

Check out the CAT web site. They recommend every 11,000 miles or once a year.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #5

In my opinion once a year or 10000 miles is what i do and I do use rotella and I also use one gallon of Lucas additive for diesel. I Learned from a friend (a trucker) that as over one million miles on it so I think he knows what works after all those miles.
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote