Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mel, could be they are keeping the likes of me out of your presence.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #30

This RV Park I am in right now, which I stayed at for 6 months in 2008 in a 1967 Shasta, the lady in charge now (not the owner) almost didn't let my 1978 Dodge class B in since it's unusual for their park. She called the owner and he said it was fine. I guess she was concerned that it was just a conversion van that I would be living in.

While on the phone to the owner, I mentioned how there's old travel trailers that look pretty bad compared to my motorhome which she acknowledged was true.

Apparently it stems from her letting in undesirables at some point in the past. This is mostly a full time monthly RV park, but a few one-nighters come through every so often (probably for the $15 Passport America rate).

After a night of freight trains blowing their horn and rumbling by across the street from the park (due to a crossing about 1/2 a mile down the road), they chicken out and leave.
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
What's the address for this park Cubey? Sounds like one we may want to experience.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #32

It's not so bad... so long as you don't use the restrooms they provide. The WIFI is horrible now due to one person abusing it, making it very slow for everyone else. Even with all it's faults, it's tolerablee for it's $300-325/mo price. It's one of the cheapest in the area, on par with the fairgrounds RV park ($300) which has no WIFI at all.

It's attached to a former high end motel (in the 50s/60s) that is now converted to senior-only apts. The RV park is all ages but of course mostly has seniors.

In 2008, it took me 2-3 nights to get used to the trains. First night back a few weeks ago they didn't wake me up at all. Certain ones maybe once every 1 or 2 weeks do but I go right back to sleep.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Please supply the name and address, DW and I are train nuts and if we're in that area we may want to spend a night or two.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #34

Sterling Crest (listings may say Apts and/or RV park, it's both the same number and place).

915 East Broad St.
Texarkana, AR 71854

Despite online listings and photos, they do NOT have the indoor pool anymore (or any pool at all). They filled it in a few years ago.. such a shame.

You may want to visit Union Station which is on Front Street. You just take broad street toward downtown and then turn left onto Front St (might be labeled Hazel??)
Old 07-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
Sterling Crest (listings may say Apts and/or RV park, it's both the same number and place).

915 East Broad St.
Texarkana, AR 71854

Despite online listings and photos, they do NOT have the indoor pool anymore (or any pool at all). They filled it in a few years ago.. such a shame.

You may want to visit Union Station which is on Front Street. You just take broad street toward downtown and then turn left onto Front St (might be labeled Hazel??)
How apropos; my favorite railroad is the East Broad Top in Orbisonia PA.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In 99 & 44/100% of the campgrounds it will never be an issue. You'll probably never get around to the few where it would be issue. Have a great time and don't worry about the small stuff.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post

My question regarding "campground RV age restriction polices", is this:
Why on earth would anyone even consider staying at any campground that warns of a POLICY of rejecting older coaches..... (but that "MIGHT" let you pay and stay "IF" your RV passes THEIR INSPECTION)??

Mel
'96 Safari
" I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.”
Groucho Marx
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #38

I have never had an issue with an RV park with our 1999 Born Free Class C motorhome. I have had and issue, however, when in our 2006 Lance 1191 camper on the back of a 2004 Dodge 3500 DRW. Today's pick-up campers are state-of-the-art, with slide-outs and all the amenities available in RVs. It is real easy to spend between $35000 to $55,000 on a new, fully equipped pick-up camper. My camper has one slide-out, 80 inch queen bed, 3-burner stove, oven, micro, satellite dish, generator, AC, dry bath and shower to mention a few bells and whistles. It also has remote controlled electric jacks on all four corners. You pull into a camp site and if your wish, push a button on your remote and the camper rises off the bed of the truck. You drive out, lower the rig, level, hook up sewer, water, electric and off you go in your truck. No need for a towed.

Now, we pulled into a reserved campsite in Indiana (they knew we were arriving in a camper) for a three night stay to attend a wedding. During the registration I casually mentioned that I was going to take the camer off our truck. The lady (owner) said that wasn't allowed, that they did not let people take their campers off their trucks. After a very energetic conversation I was told that I could remove the camper but that they would be by to inspect it and if in their opinion we presented a safety hazard we would be asked to leave. I never heard from them again.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've seen several CGs in Calif that don't allow dropping the PU camper off the truck. Never quite understood why.

Glenn
Old 07-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Maybe afraid the owners won't come back for them. DD and S-I-L have had that problem more than once and their 'camper' was purchased for in the neighbourhood of $35K two years ago. He couldn't fathom why there was such a rule but that is what he was told. The CG manager claimed she couldn't discriminate by looks and value so the rule was all encompassing.