Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Georgie Boy Owners Club
How receptive are RV Parks to older coaches?

My coach is a 1997 class A Georgie Boy 34 footer. I have just completed the "Zep Treatment" and the coach is looking mighty fine!!!!
I'm concerned about being rejected by parks only because of the age of my coach. Do parks do this and if so what year is generally used as a cut-off point? Is this done by state parks mainly, I couldn't see a privately owned doing this, but who knows?

1997 Georgie Boy Cruise Master F 53 Chasis 460
Davis Tru Trac
Safe Steer & Blistiens
RoscoeAndTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #2

I have only seen it at private, high-end parks. Most will ask for a pic if it is more tha x years old when you make an online reservation.

Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
I'm staring at a few older RV's across from my spot - usually campgrounds state any restrictions on RV ages on their webpages. When in doubt, just call.
US Army Capt. // 2009 Gulf Stream
Pro Patria // Strike Hold //
Lo Que Sea, Donde Sea, Cuando Sea
Tomaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
There are parks that will only allow back to a certian age, but if thye can see that its not junky lookin, you should slide in!
Doug & Darlene Morgan RVM96 & Abby Gabby(pooch)
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination"Hickory,NC
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Never had a problem "yet" with our 95, but like you we keep it clean and shiney , even the tires. Then again we don't stay in those high end resorts.
Monkey, pilot of a Great Dane hauler,
2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Alison 4x4 CrewCab 2016 Cougar 28SGS
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
I would say that many if not most private parks have a year restriction. It is generally any unit over ten years old. Now having stated the preceding, it is also true that many private parks are more concerned about appearance. Hence an older unit that is well maintained and in good condition will be accepted. One example is a park we recently worked at for the last two years. Any unit over 10 years old had to be approved. At the our present location the managers will look at units as they arrive. We have had a number of, for example, older Air Streams. Of course an Air Stream with minimal maintenance will look good for many, many years.
jablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have been RV'ing since April 2006 and have never been asked about the age of our RV. I have seen the age restrictions on very few (maybe 3 or 4?) RV Park web sites.
Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
Never make a reservation if you can help it. Just show up between 3pm & 5pm. Staff will sometimes look at a rig and if it's in good shape, not even ask it's age, others will look, and let you stay anyway. Only been turned away once in 8 years of full timing from a brand new resort. And they didn't even have their WiFi working yet so I wouldn't have stayed anyway. Last year I had my 19 year old RV painted so...even less of a worry now.

It all boils down to the places you want to stay at. If you're a 'Resort' person, you may get some looks by staff. But if you're just staying overnight, probably let you stay anyway. If you are looking to stay a month or two, a resort might start with the questions of age. A RV park will usually not care much one way or the other about the age of your rig.
'02 Winnebago Journey DL, DSDP, 36' of fun.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
Monaco Owners Club
I know of one RV park that if you want to stay as a monthly they want to make sure of the age of your coach by having you give a copy of the registration. No coaches over 15 yrs of age there.
Staying just overnight they don't really care but monthly it is a different story thou.
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
I know at the CG we host at it never comes up.
American Tradition 42R-Cadillac SRX Blue Ox Koni 5050XL MCD Scangauge D Samsung rf197
Fulltime since 2012
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've never been asked. My neighbor here has a 1987 Allegro.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have never been asked what year the MH is. It is kept up and we think it looks mighty fine for 31 years old...
I remember a MH last season that we heard start up 5 rows ahead of us and when we could see it we new why. I don't understand if they drove a Corvette or a Cadillac would it look like that? I don't think so.
jmo, Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0465.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	731.1 KB
ID:	41964  
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #13
The campground we are at now had to look at our rig when we decided to lease there. One look and he said no problem because of how nice we kept it. Weekend or overnight they don't care.

Funny thing though, last week a jalopy beater is in the leased section and it looks like he has moved in permanently. Outside propane tanks, roof cover, looks horrid so not sure what the actual rule is now.
2013 Keystone Montana 3725RL 5th Wheel
Paramount Package & part of the Big Sky Package
- Amateur Radio Operator - My RV Blog
EndeavorV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know of a park that has a 7 yr rule, a friend has a 1974 FMC parked there and no one in the park could care less. It is a CLASSIC! I drive a 74 car.

04 Horizon QD, 12 Ford Flex, Excalibar, Brake-Pro, ,, Winter Texan, RVin! since 1974
Norm, Donna & Tinker Kat 74 MGB-GT, 75 MGB, 01 Z3
Life is a Timed Event, you only get One Go Around!
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote