Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #15

You said you were getting a 5 gallon bucket for shower supplies - we use a carry bag like the reusable ones offered at different grocery or retail stores. We found one that is plastic lined to be somewhat water resistant. Small beach tote works too. You can hang them in the shower facilities on hooks and they won't take up your floor space.

During setup and break down, I have a routine and my better half does things around it and she has guests help her. Cleaning, shaking out the patio mat and folding it, picking up the different things used while parked and stowing them for travel, and so forth. I do the bigger things, like retracting the awning, dump and clean tanks, retract stabilizers (they are manual on my trailer), unhook water and shore power, and truck/trailer hookup.

You are ahead of other guests in just wanting to help. If you watch what is going on and have offered to help instead of planting your butt in a chair off to the side, you have offered and are willing, that goes a long way in my book.

NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFlcamper View Post
During setup and break down, I have a routine and my better half does things around it and she has guests help her. Cleaning, shaking out the patio mat and folding it, picking up the different things used while parked and stowing them for travel, and so forth. I do the bigger things, like retracting the awning, dump and clean tanks, retract stabilizers (they are manual on my trailer), unhook water and shore power, and truck/trailer hookup.
NFlcamper
Guests are helpful for the non-critical "wifey" jobs.
My apologies to the ladies, (the devil made me post that).
Mel

Old 05-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #17

Hello doghouse
Old 05-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Take a Thank you card with you and when you depart if you can say something nice and leave it in the RV for them to discover when you are gone. Always nice to leave on a high note.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
NFlcamper
Guests are helpful for the non-critical "wifey" jobs.
My apologies to the ladies, (the devil made me post that).
Mel
Well, if YOU want to put it that way.... you are a brave man.

She would not rather operate the MANUAL jacks for stability, the MANUAL tongue jack, strap down the cart or bike in the toy hauler (or be responsible if it isn't done right). She definitely doesn't want to deal with the stinky slinky or anything outside dealing with that system. So, she volunteered to attack the other stuff you call "wifey" that need to get done, and IF she wants to get rolling in a timely manner, she does them so I do not have to.

ANYTHING the OP can do to help as a guest, is appreciated.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #20
M2D

Thanks, to all for the tips. Our trip went well. I learned a lot about campgrounds and traveling with a fifth wheel.

People and dogs were all well behaved and a good time was had by all.

Thank you,

Michele
Old 06-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks for reporting back. We're glad it all went well.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #22

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Thanks for reporting back. We're glad it all went well.

Lori-
X2 Thanks

Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote