Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
Nat

I just got back from a 3500 mile trip pulling the 5rv thru AL, MISS, LA,TX,OK, AR, TN, NC. More bug guts on the front that I've ever seen before. They actually ran down in streams. I hate to see them so as soon as I got in I washed it.
The guy my daughter ie dating bought an enclosed trailer that had black streaks that Black Streak Remover, Superclean,Greased Lightining, and Purple Stuff wouldn't touch. He called the maker and was told to go to Sherwin Williams and get some Crud Cutter, It took them all off. While on Vacation we were visiting the Home Depot at Boerne TX and saw the same stuff on the shelf. My freind and I both bought a bottle. His wife tried it on the black streaks on their rv and they came right off. I used it on the bug guts when I got home and they came off with a swipe with a spounge. This is the best stuff I've ever run across. You may want to try it sometime. Later, Nat

2002 Carraige 32' Triple slide
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2005, 03:22 PM   #2
Nat

I just got back from a 3500 mile trip pulling the 5rv thru AL, MISS, LA,TX,OK, AR, TN, NC. More bug guts on the front that I've ever seen before. They actually ran down in streams. I hate to see them so as soon as I got in I washed it.
The guy my daughter ie dating bought an enclosed trailer that had black streaks that Black Streak Remover, Superclean,Greased Lightining, and Purple Stuff wouldn't touch. He called the maker and was told to go to Sherwin Williams and get some Crud Cutter, It took them all off. While on Vacation we were visiting the Home Depot at Boerne TX and saw the same stuff on the shelf. My freind and I both bought a bottle. His wife tried it on the black streaks on their rv and they came right off. I used it on the bug guts when I got home and they came off with a swipe with a spounge. This is the best stuff I've ever run across. You may want to try it sometime. Later, Nat

Old 04-16-2005, 03:39 PM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nat,
Does the Crud Cutter strip the wax?
Tx.
Canuck

300HP Cat 3126E, 6Sp Allison
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
Nat

I can't tell you that, don't know, but I'm going to rewax it anyway. I realy don't think the wax would stand up to anything that would remove the bug guts, even clear water if enough elbow grease were used to get them off. I did't wash the whole thing with the crud cutter, just the front fiberglass cover, and rewaxing it isn't any problem.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:54 PM   #5

I can't remember the name(humm-where's my cane), but I read of a product that you spray on and allow to dry, then when you wash this surface the bugs wash away easily. It is water soluable and does not affect the wax.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:05 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray,IN:
I can't remember the name(humm-where's my cane), but I read of a product that you spray on and allow to dry, then when you wash this surface the bugs wash away easily. It is water soluable and does not affect the wax. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like a good one. Hope you can remember what it is before I forget I asked the question.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:09 AM   #7
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
I use Fantastic 2000, got it at a RV show and lasted 3 years the first time , you mix it with water depending on the job , the second bottle has lasted since then. you spray it on in a mist and wipe off bugs and tar little effort.

Won't use it on the clear coat on the bike use cycle care 33 for that . I always wax after using them on either. I would have to see whats in that crud cutter first. Any of your orange cleaners work good too and help protect with canuba oil.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:57 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ray,IN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They call it PAM (you know - the frying pan stuff), Before the trip spray the front with PAM and when you wash it, it all comes off. Doesn't remove the wax, just sets up a barrier on top for the bugs to splatter against. Needs to be resprayed if it rains though.
Eddielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #9

Nat,
Just got back from Bay Saint Louis, MS and had every bug that you didn't collect on the front of the MotoH. Used 409 cleaner with water rinse and it did the job.
Happy Cleaning
Barry
Old 04-19-2005, 07:21 AM   #10

If you happen to run into love bugs, be sure and get them off quickly or else the acid in their bodies will eat clean through the paint. I didn't get them off my car for a couple of days and they ruined the paint on the entire front end of the car. I learned my lesson and now wash off the bug splatter at the end of each day of travel.
Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:32 AM   #11

Believe it or not, I just take one of those "Bounce" dryer sheets, dampen it with water, and it really takes the bugs off fast! Doesn't seem to scratch the fiberglas or remove the wax job I put on it. When the Bounce is damp, it gets kinda 'soapy'.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:27 PM   #12

Good call on the dryer sheets - they work great! MOF, somewhere, there's a whole list of what they can be used for - I'll post it when I find it.
I would suggest that you not use those spray oils on your vehicle. They contain various oils, soy oil and by-products, and alchohol. When left on paint, it leaves a gummy residue - I've seen it a few times down here, and it's not easy to get off.

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:44 PM   #13

.....I use a spray for cooking and when I get to Fla I wash it off with a presssure washer at a car wash....it's called PAM.....bug-guts-Pam just spray off....geofkaye