Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #1

How to live if having heart attack alone

Recently read that if having a heart attack alone without the possibility of help arriving quickly
Here is something a person could do:

Quote:
You can take 1 tsp or more of cayenne pepper in a glass of warm water immediately, if convenient, which has been known to stop the heart attack and prevent any further heart damage.
Cayenne is a muscle relaxant, and the heart is a muscle so this is one of the reasons why it works well.
It also helps with circulation but does not cause high blood pressure; it actually balances blood pressure, another reason why it is so good during a heart attack.

You can also keep an extra strength cayenne tincture in your glove box and or purse for emergencies when you are not at home.

You may also like to keep it for cuts, whether minor or major, and directly poor the powder into the cut, as it stops bleeding quickly, and increases healing, and again regulating blood pressure.
It is amazing what Cayenne can do for all kinds of things.

If you want to take it daily, take it away from medications.
Anybody think this is valid? Remember, think of yourself alone, or so far in the boonies that help could take half an hour or longer to arrive, even then getting to a hospital that is equipped to handle heart attacks could be hours away....

Has anybody done this themselves, or know of someone that this has helped?

Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I know an aspirin chewed and swallowed can assist. Never heard of this method you describe.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I needed to carry aspirin and cayenne pepper with me when I was shopping for my MH. Pricing could cause a heart attack!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have never heard of it either. I carrie Nitro all the time 1 under the tongue. It will be a interesting follow.
Thanks,tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don't recall the cayenne technique? I do remember, as Cliff mentioned, the 81 mg. aspirin. Also the article written by the cardiologist stated DO NOT lie down, sit up! I probably would have reclined as most people would.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Don't recall the cayenne technique? I do remember, as Cliff mentioned, the 81 mg. aspirin. Also the article written by the cardiologist stated DO NOT lie down, sit up! I probably would have reclined as most people would.
81 mg NOT. I'm taking the big boy. 325 mg

Old 02-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #7

I think 81 mg is for routine daily dose. 325 mg for an event. Disclaimer: I do not have a heart condition, nor have I asked a doctor about this.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Having the t-shirt and scars to prove it you are not kidding do not lie down but when forced there is little you can do as the pain is foremost on your mind.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #9
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and Happy View Post
I think 81 mg is for routine daily dose. 325 mg for an event. Disclaimer: I do not have a heart condition, nor have I asked a doctor about this.
don't ever fall and hit your head if you are doing this. diet works much better.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Our Dr told Art after his heart attack that you can self CPR by coughing as hard as you can. And a aspirin will help with the blood flow.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Here are some suggestions

Luckily, there are several warning signs that can indicate an impending heart attack. Here are ten early warning signs that can help you save a life…
1. Sweating

Leading up to a heart attack, many notice perfuse, cold sweating without any exertion or apparent reason. Your clothes and skin may become soaked in cold sweat, and your face may turn pale or white as a sheet.
2. Restricting Feeling

Feelings of suffocation prior to a heart attack, where there is restriction around the upper back and torso as pressure builds as if a rope is being squeezed around the body and pulled tight.
3. Fatigue

Oftentimes, during the weeks before a heart attack, individuals will feel a gradual feeling of fatigue set in, which starts as a slow drain on energy and becomes complete exhaustion a few days prior to the heart attack (i.e., bending down to tie your shoes may even be too tiring).
4. Shortness of Breath

Many folks, particularly women, describe a feeling of breathlessness in the days or moments before a heart attack. It might be so severe that you are unable to even carry on a normal conversation without feeling short of breath.
5. Flu-Like Symptoms

Many people who suffer a heart attack say that they thought they had the flu, due to suffering flu-like symptoms leading up to their attack—including indigestion, nausea, bloating, and diarrhea, which they excuse as “just the flu”.
6. Dizziness

Oftentimes, patients also complain of lightheadedness prior to a heart attack. Individuals often feel dizzy, like you’re about to pass out—some even do faint!
7. Anxiety

A sudden onset of stress so severe that it causes an anxiety attack is common to heart attack sufferers. Some even explain it as a feeling of impending doom setting in without any apparent reason, which is actually the body trying to get your attention that something is wrong.
8. Insomnia

Almost 50-percent of heart attack patients (mainly women) complain of an inability to fall asleep in the days prior to suffering a heart attack or coronary episode. This insomnia can strike for weeks in advance to an attack.
9. Chest pain

Chest pain leading up to a heart attack can range from mild to severe (feeling like a weight is on the chest). However, most often it’s experienced in the breastbone, one or both shoulders, and upper back, but not always in the actual area of the heart.
10. Pain in Other Areas

Discomfort or a mild tingling sensation in areas such as the stomach, back, neck, jaw, and most typically in the one or both arms (in the upper or shoulder area) is very common prior to a heart attack.

Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
Luckily, there are several warning signs that can indicate an impending heart attack. Here are ten early warning signs that can help you save a life… 1. Sweating Leading up to a heart attack, many notice perfuse, cold sweating without any exertion or apparent reason. Your clothes and skin may become soaked in cold sweat, and your face may turn pale or white as a sheet. 2. Restricting Feeling Feelings of suffocation prior to a heart attack, where there is restriction around the upper back and torso as pressure builds as if a rope is being squeezed around the body and pulled tight. 3. Fatigue Oftentimes, during the weeks before a heart attack, individuals will feel a gradual feeling of fatigue set in, which starts as a slow drain on energy and becomes complete exhaustion a few days prior to the heart attack (i.e., bending down to tie your shoes may even be too tiring). 4. Shortness of Breath Many folks, particularly women, describe a feeling of breathlessness in the days or moments before a heart attack. It might be so severe that you are unable to even carry on a normal conversation without feeling short of breath. 5. Flu-Like Symptoms Many people who suffer a heart attack say that they thought they had the flu, due to suffering flu-like symptoms leading up to their attack—including indigestion, nausea, bloating, and diarrhea, which they excuse as “just the flu”. 6. Dizziness Oftentimes, patients also complain of lightheadedness prior to a heart attack. Individuals often feel dizzy, like you’re about to pass out—some even do faint! 7. Anxiety A sudden onset of stress so severe that it causes an anxiety attack is common to heart attack sufferers. Some even explain it as a feeling of impending doom setting in without any apparent reason, which is actually the body trying to get your attention that something is wrong. 8. Insomnia Almost 50-percent of heart attack patients (mainly women) complain of an inability to fall asleep in the days prior to suffering a heart attack or coronary episode. This insomnia can strike for weeks in advance to an attack. 9. Chest pain Chest pain leading up to a heart attack can range from mild to severe (feeling like a weight is on the chest). However, most often it’s experienced in the breastbone, one or both shoulders, and upper back, but not always in the actual area of the heart. 10. Pain in Other Areas Discomfort or a mild tingling sensation in areas such as the stomach, back, neck, jaw, and most typically in the one or both arms (in the upper or shoulder area) is very common prior to a heart attack.
Thanks for the post. It's a great refresher for those of us who are familiar with these and great information for those who didn't know.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
A few other thoughts

I would like to see CG's have AED's available and personnel who know how to use them. The training is not extensive at all. I have taken it twice. I also seen them used one time when I worked at Bass Pro Shops and the Doctors in ER told our Loss Prevention Lead who used it that it did in fact save this mans life.

An AED is a Automatic Emergency Defibrillator.

CG's already provide a lot of extra activities & hobbies, a course in CPR and or AED operation are great things to know.

Keep a bottle of baby aspirin near bedside, inside car, perhaps even carry a small pill box capsule that holds a few meds inside your pocket.

A daily regiment of 81 mg (baby asprin) is not a bad idea but talk to your Physician about that. I used to take the 325 however there is concern over any period of time can result in problems in the stomach and bleeding.

At the onset of any of the previous symptoms, pop in a baby asprin or two and seek assistance from another person if you are alone and or call 911. If you are a solo RV'r keep that cell phone close by all the time.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Lend a helping hand

I highly recommend First Responder Courses!

Not only being former LEO, I also got certified at 22 hr EMT and later an 81 hr EMT.

Many years of First Aid, CPR certification, refresher courses along the way required by places of employment.

Three times in my lifetime I have saved someones life. Including my youngest son Joshua when he was only about 1 yr old.
Seeing your son with pupils dilated and fixed and skin blue. I praise God that just a few weeks previous I had been required to take another CPR course and this one had changes in infant CPR. So the training was certainly fresh in my mind. But doing CPR on your son or any family member is not something I suspect anyone would ever want to do but certainly great to know how to do if it is ever needed.

If we fly, or extended stay at CG I let the host know I am a retired military/LEO & EMT just in case I can lend a hand in any way.